Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing countries

Solved!

Changing countries

Hey,

I want to subscribe to a premium student account, but I will be moving from Germany to the U.S. soon. 

1. Can I get the premium student account in Germany and still use it in the U.S.? (I will still be a student)

2. Shall I get the account in the U.S.? Are there differences in spotify?

I am sorry if these questions were already asked, but I couldn't find a similar post.

Thanks for the help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @sarah_147!

If you are currently in Germany, then there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to subscribe there. The plans are adjusted for currency generally, so it shouldn't be an issue when you finish your month and move on to the service in another location. Keep in mind that your payment method billing address and country of service must match up. Note that your country isn't necessarily "where you are" it's what country you say your Spotify is.

Premium users can listen from anywhere, but know that certain artists that are available in the US, may not be available in Germany and vice versa.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @sarah_147!

If you are currently in Germany, then there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to subscribe there. The plans are adjusted for currency generally, so it shouldn't be an issue when you finish your month and move on to the service in another location. Keep in mind that your payment method billing address and country of service must match up. Note that your country isn't necessarily "where you are" it's what country you say your Spotify is.

Premium users can listen from anywhere, but know that certain artists that are available in the US, may not be available in Germany and vice versa.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Suggested posts