Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country and family account

Solved!

Changing country and family account

Hello. I have one problem.

I signed up a family account without any problem. Problems were coming later, because my family cannot be added as they are in Germany and my profile says I'm in Spain, because I logged in with my Spanish Facebook. The account I opened in Germany today.

I canceled the family account but it looks like it's going to be active until the 3rd of March. Am I going to be charged?

How can I change my profile to be in Germany? I tried to follow the instructions and there is no way, the country selection box is disable (colored grey).

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I know that you cannot change it in the dropdown menu, and that's because you're a Premium user. Premium users can only update their country setting by updating their payment method, or cancelling the subscription and waiting for it to end.
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

You should be able to update your country setting by following the instructions from this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_settings/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/

The instructions for Premium users on this site apply to you 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks, but that's the first thing I tried, but didn't work.

Are you sure? You won't be able to change the country setting in the dropdown list, if that's what you're trying to do.

If you've successfully updated your payment method to a german payment method then the new payment method and country setting will be in effect from your next payment date.
MaximSpotify Star

Hi Maxim. The dropdown is disabled, and I can't change it. I will wait then some days until my Premium Account gets cancelled, but I would like that some employee helps me and says why the cancelation didn't happen. Maybe they can change the country manually, because my wife created a family account and I can't join her because for Spotify I'm living in other country.

Marked as solution

I know that you cannot change it in the dropdown menu, and that's because you're a Premium user. Premium users can only update their country setting by updating their payment method, or cancelling the subscription and waiting for it to end.
MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts