Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country and payment

Solved!

Changing country and payment

Hello there, 

I am facing difficulties to change from UK to Malaysia and the payment. I was a student in UK and now I am back to Malaysia for my training. How can change the country and payment method without losing any of my playlist and account? Please help. 

Daisy 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi! From you mentioning "payment method", I am assuming that you are on Spotify Premium. There are a couple things you need to know.

1. If you have Premium, Spotify works wherever you are in the world, even if you don't change your country settings.
  2. If you have Premium, in order to change your country settings, you'll need a valid payment method in the country that you want to switch to.

Keeping these things in mind, here is how you can change your country (and payment information) in Spotify 🙂

1. Log into your account page on the Spotify website
  2. Select "Subscription" in the left panel
  3. Click "Update Details"
  4. Click "..." for more options
  5. Click "Change Country" and select the country you want to move your account to
  6. Choose a payment method that is based in the new country (i.e. the billing address is in the country)
  7. Confirm the change by clicking "Change Payment Details"

The above is shamelessly copied from The help article on exactly this topic. 😄

Best of luck with your training!

Matt

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

It finally got reset at the next billing period. So indeed it is just a matter of waiting ...

Marked as solution

For those having trouble finding the '...', simply entering a card from another country seems to work. You'll be prompted to change countries once you try to proceed.

I've just done this, changing from Ireland to the UK. My account still says IE and that I will be charged in Euro, but I'm hoping that will update after the next bill.

Kind of annoying though, as Spotify is cheaper in Euro than pounds.

34 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi! From you mentioning "payment method", I am assuming that you are on Spotify Premium. There are a couple things you need to know.

1. If you have Premium, Spotify works wherever you are in the world, even if you don't change your country settings.
  2. If you have Premium, in order to change your country settings, you'll need a valid payment method in the country that you want to switch to.

Keeping these things in mind, here is how you can change your country (and payment information) in Spotify 🙂

1. Log into your account page on the Spotify website
  2. Select "Subscription" in the left panel
  3. Click "Update Details"
  4. Click "..." for more options
  5. Click "Change Country" and select the country you want to move your account to
  6. Choose a payment method that is based in the new country (i.e. the billing address is in the country)
  7. Confirm the change by clicking "Change Payment Details"

The above is shamelessly copied from The help article on exactly this topic. 😄

Best of luck with your training!

Matt

Hi I'm having the same problem. I have followed those steps but when I log back in it is still saying 'Country: GB' even though I have changed it to Australia previously and even changed the payment method. I need this changed as I am closing my UK account and have taken that balance back to zero.

Or will it update on my next 'Bill date' and take the payment from my Australian account?

Thanks

I am having exactly the same problem ! any solution ?

Following the method on the help page does note help. 

I have had the same problem changing from UK (Paypal payment) to Australia (credit card payment). I went through all the steps as listed on Spotify Help, and it said that this would be updated from next payment. two months have passed and this hasnt updated. Also in account details it still says GB not Australia... where can I go from here?

I know the credit card is good, I have also tried Australian debit card with same results!

😞

I switched country france to spain, i cannot log into my account with facebook as it's writen login failed, you can use abroad 14 days... what should i do?
Marked as solution

It finally got reset at the next billing period. So indeed it is just a matter of waiting ...

This is ridiculous that we even have to jump through these hoops to listen to music we pay for. 
I want to get my premium membership back which I had for almost a year, spent a lot fo time accumulating music etc, now I am in a country that is impossible to get a bank account with and change my details to.
Frankly the fact that this is even necissary is an invasion of our privacy and completely unrelated to listening to music that I WANT TO PAY FOR!!

I love spotify, even tho I find it overpriced and I hate the fact I can't save it to a device that doesn't support their software, it's showed me so much music that I never would have found without it. Unfortunately this has pushed me away from the platform and I will be now moving on somewhere else to gather music and ideas.

Seems like there are following Apple's business model of dictatorship software, which is a shame. Why do you need to switch countries in the first place? It's just a money grab.

Hi,

I need to change my payment details from US to UK. Having followed yoru instructions, there is no "..." that I can see for more options. Am I missing it and if so, where is it, or has the site since changed?

Currently, I can't change the country on my profile or the subscription pages.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 11.55.58 AM.png

Were you able to resolve this? I am currently in the same situation trying to change my payment methods from US to Canadian and it won't let me. I do not see the "..." it says in the documentation so I am at a loss here. 

Hey,

Yeh, I'm pretty confident there's a bug or the app has chnaged and they haven't updated the documentation. I haven't heard anything so I'm going to unsubscribe and resubscribe in the UK.

George

Marked as solution

For those having trouble finding the '...', simply entering a card from another country seems to work. You'll be prompted to change countries once you try to proceed.

I've just done this, changing from Ireland to the UK. My account still says IE and that I will be charged in Euro, but I'm hoping that will update after the next bill.

Kind of annoying though, as Spotify is cheaper in Euro than pounds.

Thank you! Also, note that to that end you may have to just fill in a bogus five digit zip code at first (if you are moving out of the US, at least). Only then will you get past the "fill out all fields" error and will it ask you to switch to another country.

I have noticed, however, that in the "Profile" section my country has not changed. 

Spotify, please update your help section accordingly. 

I am having the same problem trying to change my account from US to Canadian. No '...' on the subscription update page, so I enter my new canadian payment info and it tells me my postal code is wrong for the region selected. I cannot change my region anywhere, including on my account profile (greyed out).

I found a fix! Given that I also couldn't see the "..." icon to select a different country, I just simply unsubscribed from premium. After which, I went back to edit my profile and found that the country option is no longer grayed out and was able to change to my preferred country. All my playlists were kept intact!

I cannot change my address. 

Hello

I have moved to the US but I am unable to Edit my country.  I need to change the country so I can use my new payment.

Thanks for in advance for the help

Hi. I am currently a premium user but having problem logging in, stated that can only use spotify abroad for only 14 days. The billing is still going on every month and my balance got deducted for the monthly pay. Help me please.

Hey,

I have almost the same problem. I moved from the US to Germany and I have Spotify Premium. I want to change my payment method but to attach a german bank account I have to change the cournty to Germany but in the settings for the counrty US is greyed out and I can‘t change it. Soon I also can‘t pay with the american bank account anymore, because I‘m running out of money... and I have to delete that bank account to prevent fees.

Can anybody help me please?

I'm in republic of Georgia, but spotify in country settings shows only US and no option to change country at all. I want to upgrade to premium, but I have Georgian card and Georgian paypal, so I can't go to premium, since I can't match payment country and spotify country.

What should I do?

Suggested posts