Changing country and payment

Solved!

Re: Changing country and payment

georgevasey21
Casual Listener

Hey,

Yeh, I'm pretty confident there's a bug or the app has chnaged and they haven't updated the documentation. I haven't heard anything so I'm going to unsubscribe and resubscribe in the UK.

George

Solution!

frakked
Casual Listener

For those having trouble finding the '...', simply entering a card from another country seems to work. You'll be prompted to change countries once you try to proceed.

I've just done this, changing from Ireland to the UK. My account still says IE and that I will be charged in Euro, but I'm hoping that will update after the next bill.

Kind of annoying though, as Spotify is cheaper in Euro than pounds.

flimofly

Thank you! Also, note that to that end you may have to just fill in a bogus five digit zip code at first (if you are moving out of the US, at least). Only then will you get past the "fill out all fields" error and will it ask you to switch to another country.

I have noticed, however, that in the "Profile" section my country has not changed. 

Spotify, please update your help section accordingly. 

af_wy

I am having the same problem trying to change my account from US to Canadian. No '...' on the subscription update page, so I enter my new canadian payment info and it tells me my postal code is wrong for the region selected. I cannot change my region anywhere, including on my account profile (greyed out).

v1shfulthinking

I found a fix! Given that I also couldn't see the "..." icon to select a different country, I just simply unsubscribed from premium. After which, I went back to edit my profile and found that the country option is no longer grayed out and was able to change to my preferred country. All my playlists were kept intact!

Highlighted

I Sign up with VPN using other country without payment method!

Superuser1234

I cannot change my address. 

sslazio

Hello

I have moved to the US but I am unable to Edit my country.  I need to change the country so I can use my new payment.

Thanks for in advance for the help

Spotify used abroad but not changing the country

azirasalfarina

Hi. I am currently a premium user but having problem logging in, stated that can only use spotify abroad for only 14 days. The billing is still going on every month and my balance got deducted for the monthly pay. Help me please.

Mariekr

Hey,

I have almost the same problem. I moved from the US to Germany and I have Spotify Premium. I want to change my payment method but to attach a german bank account I have to change the cournty to Germany but in the settings for the counrty US is greyed out and I can‘t change it. Soon I also can‘t pay with the american bank account anymore, because I‘m running out of money... and I have to delete that bank account to prevent fees.

Can anybody help me please?

AlexMaster
Music Fan

I'm in republic of Georgia, but spotify in country settings shows only US and no option to change country at all. I want to upgrade to premium, but I have Georgian card and Georgian paypal, so I can't go to premium, since I can't match payment country and spotify country.

What should I do?

SUGGESTED POSTS