Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country and payment

Solved!

Changing country and payment

Hello there, 

I am facing difficulties to change from UK to Malaysia and the payment. I was a student in UK and now I am back to Malaysia for my training. How can change the country and payment method without losing any of my playlist and account? Please help. 

Daisy 

34 Replies

I try exactly that. Go to payment and try changing the details, but it doesn't seem to work when doing paypal. All I get is the message "The postal code you entered was not valid for the selected country." But whenever I go back to edit my details it still will not allow me to change the country I live in. I'm not getting any options like you're referring to. Currently it's set for Canada and I want to be changed to the Netherlands.

Hello,

I want to upgrade back to my premium and when I go to Account and change details, the only option I have is USA. There are no other options for me to change to the UK, where I know I can get my Premium back. How can I change this?? Very frustrating that it is set in the USA. I change the icon at the bottom to the UK so I do get the UK symbol, but still get automated to America. Frustrated.

I want to give spotify premium gift card for someone outside my country. How to do that? Please help.

When I click on subscription and try to change the card (there is NO other offer) it tells me that the country & card don't match, when I try to change country in my profile it tells me to change the card... catch 22, basically I can't us your service!

Complete idiocy to expect that people will live in oune country all their lives and to make it impossible to change.

Having the same issue as everyone else on this thread. As this is related to payment is there a way to escalate this issue with Spotify? Does anyone from Spotify even read these threads?

What if you have not had premium before and are trying to subscribe to premium in a country but pay using a card from another country?

PLEASE HELP.... I cant change my country from US to Panama, and even tried adding a valid payment option and it still doesnt let me change it!!

This doesn't work for me either. I'm in the UK with a US account; when I put in the debit card details for my local UK bank (HSBC) it just says "Something went wrong. Try again or get help". Do I really have to unsubscribe back to Free and then do it again???

Hi,

I have currently moved to Spain for my studies and had a premium Spotify account in Turkey. When I came here after almost 2 months I started to have problems with logging into my account so I had to change my country to Spain but now I'm trying to renew my payment details and it just says since my card is not from Spain, it is from Turkey it doesn't let me have it. So I can't use my Premium account anymore. If anyone would know a way for my problem I would very much appreciate it.

Screenshot_20180404-164126.png

My problem is Like everyone else, I moved to UK, from Netherlands and any of answers dosen't help,

Its super annoing, I cant change my bank details because of not matching contry, and contry optio it is just grayd out - Hey guys I think you should work on this issue, we all wasting our time on that- even we pay 10eu a month !!! NO I DONT HAVE VPN, YES I AM IN 'UK' NOT IN 'NL', AND YES I JUST SIMPLY CANT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Hello,

I would like to subscribe for Premium, but when I try to pay, it says that my credit card is not from the same country I'm from. The thing is, I'm currently in Japan, I live in Belgium, but I'm Portuguese and my credit card is from Portugal. When I try to change the country to Portugal, to be able to pay, the only options that are possible to choose are Belgium or Japan. 

Do you know how I can change the country to Portugal so I'm able to subscribe?

Thank you very much and kind regards

Would love to know myself!! I have resorted to using the Music App on Iphone. Atleast once you download it you don't have to check in every month for Spotify to pay the artist. I have the issue where Spotify just uses too much data and as a constant traveller, I can't have my internet data stripped. The payment country changing different credit card seems to be a flaw in the system. Still have not had an adequate solution.

every time I entered card from another country they replied with "your payment method and country do not match"

I created My account in Argentina,

Then I moved to Spain, 

I updated to premium and gave spain accounts details

Spotify debited meon my spanish account

I do not have premium functionalities even if I payed, because I cannot change country settings

Heyy, I would like to ask how long did it take to change your account from premium and back, please? Was it a matter of days or did you have to wait until the end of your current billing period.

Many thanks

Suggested posts