Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country in profile-email already in use

Changing country in profile-email already in use

I'm trying to change my country from Australia to UK and whenever I try to save my profile with the new country it says I can't do this because my email is already taken.  Its taken by me.  Not trying to create a new account, just update the country on the old one.

I recently switched from premium to free if that makes a difference?

5 Replies

Hey @victoriafrewx!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Let's try following this troubleshooting to make sure you don't have multiple Spotify accounts that could be causing this.

If you're sure you only have one account, and you're still getting this error message, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to see if it goes through.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hey Alfredo,

Thanks for replying!

I've had a look at the troubleshoot page and it seems to be more for forgotten details, but I tried the things on the page anyway and, nothing has helped, but I'm also sure I only have one account.

I tried in an incognito window and have the same problem.

I can log into my Spotify account in a browser with no problems, it's only when I try to save a change when editing my profile it comes up with the error.

Thanks

That's odd.

Could you post a screenshot of what you see on your end? Make sure to hide any sensitive information, like the full email address and payment details.

I'll take a closer look.

Hello,
i am getting the same error message while trying to change my country from US to Israel.

i would like to know if you found a solution for this problem

Hey @fathercandle!

Since Spotify just launched in Israel, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to follow these steps.

If you're still running into the same error message, make sure your internet connection isn't being masked by a VPN or proxy, since this could also cause issues when updating the country.

All the best.

Suggested posts