Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country issues

Solved!

Changing country issues

Hi there,

I've finally switched to Family Premium today so we can both listen at the same time. Our account has always been a UK one even though we now live in Singapore. The system had no problem accepting our Singapore address as our 'home' for verification.

However, when my husband accepted the invite to join the family account and put in the same address, it said he needed to live at the same address and he was in a different country.

Went to account profile and read the guide on updating country, which I've done by updating payment method. All accepted using my Singapore PayPal account and new premium is showing in Singapore dollars. However, in my profile, my country setting is still GB and it says it will be updated at the next billing date, which isn't until 10th June. My husband tried to accept the invite again and still can't.

So my question is, is there any way to sort this so we can use family from today, or do we need to wait until 10th June?

Thanks,

MoppyHoppy

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MoppyHoppy,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

If your husband double-checked and his Spotify country settings say "Singapore", then we can confirm the only thing left to do is to wait till your payment method switches to the new one (registered in Singapore) on your next billing date.

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime.

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @MoppyHoppy,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

If your husband double-checked and his Spotify country settings say "Singapore", then we can confirm the only thing left to do is to wait till your payment method switches to the new one (registered in Singapore) on your next billing date.

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime.

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts