Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country with Premium account not possible

Changing country with Premium account not possible

I'm attempting to update my country settings on my Premium account as my credit card is about to expire and my new card is issued in a different country. Following the guide here tells me to enter my new card details and I will be prompted to change my country however it just displays an error telling me I need to update my country and the option on the Edit Account page is greyed out. Seems I'm just getting sent in circles.

I'm sure I can cancel my Premium subscription / let the subscription lapse and then resubscribe however I'm not sure if there are any negative consequences to my account if that happens. 

Any tips ?

Cheers

2 Replies

Hey @rdamyon,

please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or use an incognito window.

In case you get the same results, you can cancel the current subscription, wait until the account goes back to Free, update the country, and then resubscribe, like you said before.

By doing the steps above there won't be any negative consequences to your account.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've cancelled my subscription but it seems I'll have to wait for premium to expire before I can switch it. I'll accept you answer if it works after that.

Suggested posts