Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing country

Changing country

I am trying to change the country and is not possible, in the profile it doesn't let me and when I try to put my new card for the subscription it doesn't let me neither because is from the new country I am, what I should do? 

16 Replies

Hey @mariacampello,

Welcome to the community!

I'd recommend the following:

1. Cancel your subscription.
  2. Wait until your account has reverted to the Free plan.
  3. Update your country using the dropdown list.
  4. Re-subscribe to Premium using your new payment details.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Just to be clear, if my account isn't charged again until June, I should wait a month to update my card information and change my country? This is ridiculous. Also, you instructions (seen here: https://support.spotify.com/se/article/How-can-I-change-my-country-setting/) are entirely inaccurate. 

It shouldn't be this difficult to update your location.

Hey @Jrouv89,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed it onto the right people 🙂

If you are having trouble changing your country settings, I'd recommend the following:

1. Cancel your subscription.
  2. Wait until your account has reverted to the Free plan at the end of the current billing period. (You can check when your current billing period ends on your account page)
  3. Update your country using the dropdown list.
  4. Re-subscribe to Spotify Premium using your new payment details.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

I´m having the same issue. If I cancel my premium account and resubscribe, will I still be able to listen all the music and playlists under my profile?

Thanks

Hey @cmartinezcharry,

Once you cancel your subscription, you'll still have access to all of the Premium features until your current billing period ends and your account reverts to the Free plan. Don't worry; you won't lose any of your music, playlists, or followers.

After your account reverts to the Free plan, you can update your country using the dropdown list, then re-subscribe to Spotify Premium using your new payment details.

Keep in mind that you will need to re-download your music for offline listening once you have re-subscribed to Premium.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

HI, I am dealing with the same issue. 

I cannot change my country from UK. I tried changing the credit card and had the same issue, and tried cancelling the UK credit card and cannot do that either. 

Thanks

Hey @camulouzan,

Once you cancel your subscription, you'll need to wait until your current billing period ends and your account reverts to the Free plan.

After your account reverts to the Free plan, you can update your country using the dropdown list, then re-subscribe to Spotify Premium using your new payment details.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Thanks!

@cmartinezcharry Your welcome, let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:2PXdUld4Ueio2pHcB6sM8j:small

NoahSpotify Star

Hi!

I had this morning the surprise that Spotify doesn't allow me to log in as it says I can not use my account out of my country for more than 15 days, a fact that isn't true as I have been out of my country for more than 2 years now. I'm really upset because now I lost all my playlist for years and I this is ridiculous. Why can´t I keep my profile for years out of Spain?  Is it any solution? and not the premium one as I don't see the point why I should pay the premium if I was having the free one and all this time.

Hi there, @eliberti85

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Don't worry, we're here to help out.

You can use Spotify in a country different than the one registered on your account, but only for up to 14 days. After that, you need to upgrade to Premium or change the country registered on your account. 

If you're already on Premium and seeing this message, it sounds like you may be logged into a different account. We'd recommend double-checking you're using your Premium account with the steps here to check for accounts: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/do-i-have-an-additional-account/

If you're having any trouble with this, just give us a shout 🙂

We'll see what we can suggest.

Many thanks,

/M

Hi M,

Just to note, the instructions to change your country do not work (at least for your paying premium users). That is what started this original thread 🙂

Hey,

Thanks for the heads up! 🙂

Sorry to hear this. There should be steps to change the country settings for Premium users here, under the 'Got Premium' section below.

If these aren't working, we'd love some more info on exactly what's happening. If you're getting any error messages for example, keep us posted. We'll pass this info on.

Many thanks,

/M

Hello M!

The instructions are below:

1. Logga in på din kontosida .
2. Välj *Prenumeration* i menyn till vänster.
3. Klicka på *UPPDATERA.*
4. Ange din betalningsinformation. Se till att det är en metod som
utfärdats i ditt nya land. Du ombeds sedan att ändra kontots
landsinställningar.
5. Dina inställningar kommer att ändras till det nya landet
vid nästa betalningsdatum.

Which translates to:

1. Log in to your account page .
2. Select *Subscription *from the menu on the left. (This is the
little credit card symbol)
3.Click *UPDATE. *
4. Enter your payment information. Make sure it is a method issued in
your new country. You will then be asked to change your account's
country settings.
5. Your settings will be changed to the new country at the next
payment date.

When you complete these steps and enter a new card from the new country you
are in (for me, I have moved from Finland to Sweden), you receive an error
that you have to update your country information FIRST before entering new
card info.

When you go to your account information, the country is grayed out with a
link below on information on how to updated your country
information....which is the same link you provided and the same
instructions shown above.

All in all, the information is incorrect and you cannot update your country
as a premium user as described in your instructions.

Best,
Jessica

Hi again @Jrouv89,

It sounds like you're following the steps under 'Subscribed through Spotify website or app' of that first section. 

If you're being prompted to update that info, you should try doing this prior to changing the payment method.

If the country section is grayed out when going to your Account settings, try and incognito window in order to edit it.

If you're still having issues doing this, we'd suggest getting in contact with us directly, or by tweeting our support handle. We'll be able to help you out further with thisby manually changing the country settings.

Thanks!

Hi, 
I have already cancelled/unsubscribed my premium account and still I cannot change the country... please can you help me? How could it be, that nowadays, that people relocates all the time it is so hard to change the your country?

Thanks,
Camila

Suggested posts