Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 7)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

I have just moved back to the UK but in order to change my country onto my account Spotify says I need to cancel my subscription, that does not make sense at all. I am a premium subscriber, so things supposed to be easier for me but it is the other way around... For free subscribers the process is simpler as they do not need to cancel their subscription. If you guys tell me that I really need to do that, I will do that, but not coming back. I will swap for Apple Music.

Please let me know how you can help

me towards that.

Thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @neto5 ,

Welcome to the Spotify Community again!

Hope your move went swimmingly!

Yes, due to reason relating to payments of international cards and all that jazz, moving to another country can be quite a bother when it comes to your subscriptions. 

I've tried to make it as easy and smooth as possible for you by attaching this article that will walk you through all the steps. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, Happy Listening!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello Neto5!

Welcome to the community!

"You can use Spotify in a country different than the one registered on your account for up to 14 days. After that, you need to upgrade to premium or change the country registered on your account. "

Hope this helps. 🙂

Marked as solution

Hello @neto5 ,

Welcome to the Spotify Community again!

Hope your move went swimmingly!

Yes, due to reason relating to payments of international cards and all that jazz, moving to another country can be quite a bother when it comes to your subscriptions. 

I've tried to make it as easy and smooth as possible for you by attaching this article that will walk you through all the steps. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, Happy Listening!

Hey,

Your credit card is linked to your subscription, so when you change your country, you should change it too. 

You can cancel you subscription. and then immediately renew it, why does it bother you? 

Suggested posts