Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing email addresses

Changing email addresses

How can I change my email address from my facebook email address (as I am about to deactivate my facebook) to a different email address that isn't linked to facebook?

I don't want to have to cancel a subscription and then take-out another one because there will then be a wasted overlap period if I deactivate my facebook now (as i've already paid for the upcoming month). 

Please tell me there is a way to do this.

Thanks,

Sarah

6 Replies

If your spotify account was created by signing into facebook then there is no way to seperate them without making a new account. If you created a stand alone account you should be able to deactivate facebook integration from your account.

I have escalated this question to the staff to see which you have, someone will reply soon 🙂

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey Sarah,

I could only find your "leightse" account, so there might be another one somewhere. With your "leightse" account, you can change the email address in the profile page. If you had an account created through Facebook, you'd need to change the email over on Facebook. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi,

My Leightse one is the one I made after I deactivated my facebook profile only to realise I could not do anything without facebook on my other account.

Is there no way to deactivate my facebook while keeping the same linked email address on it? The one linked to my facebook is the one I pay for, so I do not want to have to deactivate a subscription and join again on another account.

I'll be sadened to hear if there is no way for me to keep my premium account and remove my facebook from it, because it will mean that I will endevour to find an alternative to spotify.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi,

I got a similar problem, only I would like to change my email to my facebook-email(username). My previous email have been cancelled and I therefore would like to change it to my facebook log-in email. When I try to change my account settings, I get this message that there allready is another account with my facebook email. Why is that? I have facebook connected to my spotify account.

Kind regards luskerseg

Luskeseg - For any account issue, just contact Customer Support. We'll then get back to you as soon as possible.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

This is happening to me in a similar situation. I dont want to use my email address connected to my facebook account because its my spam email address. I dont want to change my email address on my facebook because my actual email address willl be spammed thanks to facebook. So what can I do?

Suggested posts