Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing from 1 premium to another Premium account

Solved!

Changing from 1 premium to another Premium account

Goodmorning,

I got a premium account for several years now I switched from internet provider and got a new premium code. The one I use now I going to be terminated. Is it possible to take the one I already got with me to my new provider and can I change my username cause this is my ex wife’s username? Please help me I don’t want tomeloze all my music because of this. 

thank u in advance 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @1zink,

Thanks for asking about this! 

First thing's first - the username of an existing Spotify account cannot be changed. If you decide to create a new account, a username combining numbers and letters will be created automatically. This is happening due to security reasons.

You will however, have a display name as well. This is the one all users will see when they come across your account. You can choose a display name in the 'What should we call you?' field during sign up

Also, no worries - you won't lose your music. If you wish to have a different username, you must create a new account and you can transfer all of your music to it. You can read more about it here.

Last but not least - it's very important that you cancel your subscription on your previous account and subscribe to Premium on the new account. If you have subscribed to Spotify through a partner of ours, you must reach out to them so they can fix this for you. 

We hope this info helps. Feel free to answer @OneByBoo's questions and let us know if you need more help. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @1zink,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Could you care to explain a little bit more about this :

- Is the account created via a third party company ?

- Are you the one who holds the credentials to the account ?

- Which codes are you getting ? gift cards ? promotional codes ?

- Do you want to have a separate new account ?

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi there @1zink,

Thanks for asking about this! 

First thing's first - the username of an existing Spotify account cannot be changed. If you decide to create a new account, a username combining numbers and letters will be created automatically. This is happening due to security reasons.

You will however, have a display name as well. This is the one all users will see when they come across your account. You can choose a display name in the 'What should we call you?' field during sign up

Also, no worries - you won't lose your music. If you wish to have a different username, you must create a new account and you can transfer all of your music to it. You can read more about it here.

Last but not least - it's very important that you cancel your subscription on your previous account and subscribe to Premium on the new account. If you have subscribed to Spotify through a partner of ours, you must reach out to them so they can fix this for you. 

We hope this info helps. Feel free to answer @OneByBoo's questions and let us know if you need more help. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

In Sander to your questions
Got my premium by KPN
I’m the main and only user of this account
Premium in combination with my internet subscription.

Now I got a new subscribe from KPN for Spotify Premium and want to take my music with me and close out the other cause it is on my ex wife’s internet subscription.

Thank you for the reply I can work with this.

Regards1zink

Hi again @Wanzink,

Thanks for clarifying! 

Glad the info we provided was helpful to you 🙂 Let us know whenever you have further Spotify-related questions.

Happy listening!  

PetyaModerator

Suggested posts