Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing from an individual premium (provided via phone company) to a family premium subscription

Changing from an individual premium (provided via phone company) to a family premium subscription

I was provided an individual premium subscription as part of a Vodafone Australia plan I signed up for 2 years ago. As it was all inclusive I didn't have a monthly fee to pay for Spotify. 

My plan has recently ended and I am being charged the monthly premium Spotify fee, which is included in my monthly bill from Vodafone. I want to change to the family premium subscription option ($17.99/month) as my husband wants to start using Spotify himself (he currently doesn't use Spotify at all) and it will be cheaper than paying 2 x $11.99/month.

I called Vodafone and they said I would need to speak to Spotify directly to arrange for the accounts to be changed over, as they don't have access to chose the family account option. Vodafone said I would also likely need to cancel the subscription off my Vodafone account and create a new subscription with Spotify directly - which I assume would mean I would be changed/billed directly from Spotify each month, rather than via Vodafone.

Can someone please help me out and explain what I need to do to make the change over happen?

Thanks in advance! 

1 Reply

Hey @elake33!

If you still have an active subscription with Vodafone, you'll need to cancel it. Once you're account is back on Free, you'll be able to subscribe to Premium for Family here: https://www.spotify.com/family/. 

Remember that this will not affect your music or playlists. If you have further questions there's more info about Premium for Family here.

Take care 🙂

Suggested posts