Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing my D.O.B

Solved!

Changing my D.O.B

Hello guys, I've been trying to register myself as a student for the student premium plan but everytime I put in my information, I get a message that I could not be found in the system. I thought it might have been my spotify's DOB which was made using Facebook but 3 days have passed since I changed my Facebook D.O.B yet my spotify's D.O.B is still unchanged. I dont understand how to fix it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JOKA1.

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you haven't been verified by SheerID or UniDays (depending on who handles the verification process in your country) then you can still sign up for a new Spotify account and have that new account verified.

Side note: A common issue with people that aren't able to get the Student Discount, is that a second account they have has been verified and since you can only have one account with a Student Discount using your credentials, you won't be able to sign up again until the 12 months of discount expire. SheerID or UniDays should be able to find out for you if your credentials are already used on an account.

We hope this information is useful. Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @JOKA1, welcome to the community. 

I’ll be happy to help! 

In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for more info and for what to do next. 

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy J, I've followed all the steps but my D.O.B is still not changed. I would like to keep my current account because it was made using Facebook. Any help?

Hey @JOKA1.

You can use the steps from this page and simply create a new account with your Facebook profile. If you save the URI's for your playlists in a text file, you'll have 7 days after you have closed your original account to look up your playlists and copy over the songs from those lists over to playlists on your new account.

Hope that's a work-around that works for you! Let us know if you have further questions.

I would like to have Spotify Student on my account which would be impossible if I create a new account.

Marked as solution

Hey @JOKA1.

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you haven't been verified by SheerID or UniDays (depending on who handles the verification process in your country) then you can still sign up for a new Spotify account and have that new account verified.

Side note: A common issue with people that aren't able to get the Student Discount, is that a second account they have has been verified and since you can only have one account with a Student Discount using your credentials, you won't be able to sign up again until the 12 months of discount expire. SheerID or UniDays should be able to find out for you if your credentials are already used on an account.

We hope this information is useful. Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day!

Suggested posts