Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing my Spotify Login Email

Changing my Spotify Login Email

Plan

Premium

Country - US

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I'm having trouble disconnecting my Spotify from Facebook. I would like to do so, but I can't change the email address of my Spotify account.

My original Facebook account was setup under my old University email. I graduated 10 years ago and the email address has been inactive ever since. Unfortunately, even though I've updated my login email in Facebook, the email Spotify has on file is still for the inactive University account and the system won't allow me to change it. Furthermore, I can't remember the password to login to said account, and can't change it because I have no valid email to send the reset link to.

All of the FAQs suggest that I should be able to either change my email through Facebook, or to change it in the Spotify Account settings. Neither solution is working. Please advise. 

9 Replies

Hello @zjplunkett88

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you have created your Spotify account through Facebook, you won't be able to change the email address in your Spotify account on your own. You can reach to Customer Support. Make sure to follow the steps from this Support article under the I no longer have access to the email address on my account part. 

While choosing to contact Customer Support, keep in mind that they're unfortunately experiencing significant delays due to the Coronavirus disease outbreak. 

You might get an automatic response, so make sure to reply to it and someone from the Customer Support team will contact you back as soon as possible.

You can do that via  Twitter or Facebook as well. They'll be happy to provide you with further support. 

Also, more details on how to disconnect your Facebook account can be found here

I hope that helps! 

Hello i also have a problem i used to have just a username that was assigned to an email account but now that you have made user names so you cannot log in with them i have a problem. My old mail was hacked many years ago and now i cannot get the mail which changes my password. I NEED HELP i cannot login to my spotify unless i use facebook

Hey there @Hugo790,

Seems like this is something that has to be looked at backstage. I'd suggest you follow the steps provided by @Emilia_8 in the post above to get in touch with our support teams. They'd be happy to help you out 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

To Who It May Concern;

My Daugherty-in-law had set me up on her family plan several years ago BUT used the wrong email address. (My email is *snip*, she used Jazzstglide instead)

I now have my own Spotify premium Family plan and need to update it BUT hoping not to lose any of my current playlist or library (which is allot). HOW do I accomplish this? I've tried to "edit my profile" but this option does not display within my profile.

Thank you so much for your assistance in advance!

Hey there @jazstglide,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Just to confirm, was your account created through Facebook? If so, it'd explain why you're having troubles editing the email address registered on your account.

If that's the case, we'd recommend reaching out to our support teams so that they can do their magic backstage. To do so, just follow the steps @Emilia_8 shared above.

However, if your account was created directly through Spotify, it'd be helpful if you could give it another try using an incognito or private window in your browser and let us know if that does the trick.

There's also a handy Spotify Answer for more info and steps you can try.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply - just give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Got setup and very HAPPY, worked like a champ!!!! Excellent support and service here!

Hey again @jazstglide,

Good to hear that this was resolved!

Enjoy your tunes and have a lovely day 🙂

spotify:track:6oxUo3HfexOtAjpMRW6sfE 

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, first post here ..

My Spotify has updated and asked me to sign in however I have forgotten my password since it's been ages since i used, and the email adress assigned to the account is no longer alive.....how do I change email or set a new password without being able to access my old email and not knowing my password?? I have premium so would love some help asap

I tried the support page but it csnt help due to corona virus or something

thanks

Hey there @Manzo99,

Welcome to the Community!

If you no longer have access to the email address registered on your account, you should have a look at this Spotify Answer.

The red notification box is just to inform you that our support teams are currently experiencing some delays, but you can still reach out to them once you've dismissed the banner.

Hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any other questions.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts