Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing of payment - Non Spotify Country

Changing of payment - Non Spotify Country

Hi, I have recently moved from Australia to NZ. I am trying to change the country on my account along with payment details.. However everytime I go to put my NZ card details it it tells me it is a Non-Spotify Country and that spotify isn't available in my country yet... This cannot be right? How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Alyse

spotify.png
7 Replies

Hey @AlyInWanderlus,

Spotify's aware of this issue and they're looking into it 🙂

I'd recommend checking out the latest update in this Ongoing Issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-not-available-in-your-country-error-when-upd....

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I read your link and tried from another device. I don't use a VPN but I turned off Ad blocker incase that was interferring, but still no luck. I am running out of money in my Australian account and need to switch over to NZ asap. Thanks,

Hello,

That's not cool you're having trouble updating your payment method.

Have you also tried updating your payment method using incognito browser?

If that didn't work, I highly recommend to contact Spotify customer support directly 🙂

Thank you for the tip about trying an incognito tab! Whilst it still didn't work.. I got a different pop up message. I'm not winning at this! Will definitely try call them directly.. I didn't realize there was a way too?

@AlyInWanderlus,

No need to reach out to Support regarding this because Spotify is already aware of this issue.

The latest status update:

"We've now reported this to our best tech folks, and we hope to have some more info soon."

The latest status update can always be viewed in the ongoing issue linked in my initial post. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hi, I am still having diffiuculty trying to update my payment. Whether its via my phone, laptop, incognito tab etc. I don't know how to clear any cookies as I can't find that area, I can only see an area where I allow them. My phone is brand new and have only been using it the last few weeks when I first started trying to change the payment.

The message I get now is that my payment method and location do not match and I have to change my location first.. But then you try that and it doesn't allow you to change location until you change payment.. This makes no sense. I don't see why Spotify can't adjust setttings to allow country to be changed at any time without payment being changed. As I have lived in a few different countries and am needing to update from time to time. I need this sorted asap.

Thanks.

I'd recommend creating an Ongoing Issue thread at https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/ongoing_issues 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts