Premium

Country

South Africa

Device

(Pocophone F1)

Operating System

(Mac Mojave 10.14.3)

My Question or Issue

I have tried in vain to alter my display name. According to Spotify help, I cannot change my username (random letters and numbers), but there is an option to change the display name. No such luck, only managed to change the profile pic when using the desktop app. So far unable to change or even see an option for "display name". Never had the option to pick one during sign up. What is this **bleep**?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for the input all! I finally found the solution. Only after I linked my account to my Last.Fm profile was I able to change my display name. Don't know why, but it worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there,

Your display name is simply the name under which other people can see you. As this support article explains, you can only change your display name on your android device using the profile settings and using the "EDIT PROFILE" function, tapping your display name and changing it.

I hope this helped, and I wish you a good day. If this doesn't work for you, or if you have any other questions, just tell me.

Stay healthy.

Hi, I have the same problem with him. Unfortunately, is changing names only available on Android OS devices, not iOS or Windows OS? I am using iOS and Windows OS devices for Spotify... when I go into my profile, editing my name is disabled.

Yes, unfortunately, Spotify currently only allows you to change your display name on Android. Maybe you can ask one of your friends or family members with an android if you can log onto Spotify on their device and change it there.

Marked as solution

Thanks for the input all! I finally found the solution. Only after I linked my account to my Last.Fm profile was I able to change my display name. Don't know why, but it worked.

Suggested posts