Changing the country I live in when I've been locked out of my account

Casual Listener

Free/Premium

Country US

Device

Macbook Pro 

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I've recently moved from Canada to the US. I didn't realize that you're only given access for 14 days abroad, so I never changed my country of residence on my account. And now after 14 days of being in the US when I try to log in it states that there is an error 17: issues with firewall. However I never changed my firewall settings and spotify was working in the US yesterday. So im guessing the error is actually that I moved without notifying spotify so it's locking me out because I've exceeded the 14 days. How do I now get into my account to change my country of residence? 

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Changing the country I live in when I've been locked out of my account

Community Legend

Hi @garatl9_-oc0d and welcome to the community! 🙂

The firewall error sounds more like an internet related issue since you should still be able to log into your account profile and make changes.
Are you able to test this out on another computer/device or network to see?

Once you are in your account, you should be able to update your country settings for ongoing streaming service. There is an article located here that explains how.

I hope it can help and good luck/have a great day! 🙂

Highlighted

Re: Changing the country I live in when I've been locked out of my account

Casual Listener

Thanks for the reply! But yea no it has nothing to do with the device/internet. I've been using the account on the same phone/computer & internet since I moved here. Both my phone and computer have denied me access since this morning (and yesterday there were working fine), which is exactly 2 weeks since I've moved here. 

Any other thoughts?

SUGGESTED POSTS