Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing the country

Changing the country

I´m living in Brazil. From origin I´m from the Netherlands. I started my subscribtion in the Netherlands couple of years ago. I´m trying to convert my Spotify account to a Brasilian but it´s impossible. It simple stays on the Dutch version. I can´t change the country. You´re writing down in your subscription information that I need to change the country. But I simply can´t. I don´t have a brazilian creditcard, but I´m pemanent living in Brazil. The only options I got for payment is CreditCard, paypal (connected to the creditcard so it´s not a different payment option) and Ideal (Always pops up with Dutch Bank options.....) Please help me to make this change..... I don´t know if this is the case..... but I know the Brasilain sibscribtion is way cheaper compare to the Dutch version. But I think after a subscribtion of around 10 years and living for 8 years in Brazil (since 2014 subscriptions were available in Brazil). It should be fare to make the change of the country...]

2 Replies

Hey @MCRei,

If you don't have a payment method that's been issued in Brazil, and you really want to change your country setting to Brazil, the only way to do that would be cancelling your subscription and after your subscription has expired, you should then be able to update your country setting via the dropdown list.

You'll only be able to subscribe again then using a Brazilian payment method.

Alternatively, you can just continue your subscription, but you won't be able to change your country setting to Brazil.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

thanks for your reaction. I've a family account. To me it's not a problem to stay with the Dutch account. But to add a family member it's blocking the possibilty tho add. Because it always says the country settings are wrong. Also to add a family member (my wife) I have to cancel my subscribtiion?

I already made a subscribtion at the brazilian Spotify. No mproblem to make this one, but to create the family account I can't, it's only possible with a brazilian bank credit card. I'm working in a non profit organization as a volunteer. And for that it's not possible to open a brazilian 'conta corrente'. Only with this type of an account to you can ask for a credit card......... Do you know a solution for this..........

Suggested posts