Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing to country where Spotify is unavailable

Changing to country where Spotify is unavailable

Plan

Free

Country

Myanmar, Malaysia

Device

(Samsung A 51)

Operating System

(Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi. I moved from Malaysia (where I made my account) to Myanmar (where until now Spotify is unavailable). When I try to change my country setting in my account to Myanmar, the only option in the drop-down list is Malaysia, no other country. Is it because Spotify is not available in Myanmar? Please help. I can use web player but can't sign in to my mobile since I can't change the country setting. 

Thanks in advance. 

(P.S. I just realized posting on the forum is quite hard..always showing correct highlighted errors even though there are no errors....)

1 Reply

Hi there @1-v_bzxitoxic,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Spotify can be used only in countries around the world where it is fully available - you can find the list of available countries here.

Upon signing into Spotify you were asked to provide your country of origin and a payment method if wanting the Premium versions.

As a Free user you will be able to use your account abroad for 14 days straight without any changes.

After 14 days you account will ask you to upgrade in order to continue using it without limitations.

As the country you're in at the moment isn't on the list of available countries, you will not be able to change the country or use Spotify further than the 14 days set for the Free account.

You can read all about the type of subscriptions Spotify offers and the difference between them here.

Furthermore, you can read more about the change of country on this page.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Suggested posts