Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing username after deleting Facebook

Changing username after deleting Facebook

Hi there! A few weeks ago I deletied my Facebook account, which was linked with my Spotify-account. I was able to log in on Spotify, but my username now changed from my full name to a long string of numbers. Is there any chance I can change this back to my own name? People have trouble finding me now. Thanks! 🙂

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Welcome to the community!

You can change your username by creating a new account with the username of your choice. Once you've done that, you can get in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form and they can transfer everything over to your new username/account.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I still can't believe it is not possible to change username via the UI in 2019. 

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out! 

If you want to have a different display name and you've deleted your Facebook account, you can:

1. Cancel your subscription.

2. Create a new account.

3. Transfer your playlists to the new account.

4. Close your old account. 

5. Subscribe to Premium on the new account.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with! 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Will this work if the subscription plan I have is Premium for Students? I can't lose that discount right now, or otherwise I won't be able to afford another plan.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @saravgoncalves

You can only have one Premium Student account at a time. The discount lasts for 1 year, even if you cancel the subscription or close the account.

If you want to apply your student discount to another account, you need to wait until 12 months have elapsed since you first signed up for it on your current account.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts