Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Changing username system

Changing username system

This issue might have been brought up before but it's such a mind-bogglingly simple solution that I felt compelled to create this post.

After becoming such a large and successful company how is it that the username system is so unnecesarily complicated, i'm really surprised this issue hasn't been brought up and resolved already.

A post was created in Nov 2016 regarding the ability to change the name and yet nothing happened.

Instead of randomly generating a number for the name why don't you allow a system similar to twitter where you can create a usernme in the very beginning and just @ it for easy searching.

Create a spotify service to see how current users feel about this change and how they would best want to implement it. (create an alert on spotify service requesting name)

I hope you do this because you have such a great service for music fans but the username system is severly lacking, and it should be a quick fix.

1 Reply

Hey @brandonpeddle,

You can add your support to this idea here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Change-username/idi-p/703799

Thanks!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts