Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chargeback Disabled Account

Chargeback Disabled Account

I received an email this morning saying that my account has been disabled because a chargeback I made.
I did not make a chargeback.
The only thing that I can think of is a voucher I purchased from Htfdeals.com (the one year card I had added to the account). If that was charged back, it means htfdeals.com did something fishy.
Is there anything that can be done?
61 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the payments directly using the online contact form since they deal with all issues relating to chargebacks and disabled accounts. Don't worry, they will be able to get it sorted for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Scoutconnor1 - As Peter mentions, please use the contact form. Once you've send it through, just post your case number here. We'll chase it up.

It's also worth mentioning that we'd recommend purchasing Spotify through either our website or an official partner.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

My case number is 00727882.
After this incident, I will only go the official route, I promise.

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem and I also bought an one year gift card from htfdeals.com.

My case number is 00728261.

I've also contacted htfdeals for clarification on the matter.

My original username is fmocastro (the account has been suspended so I can't login with it)

Thank you,

Felipe

As you might expect, I'm having the same problem as well. I've sent HTFDeals an email and have yet to hear back. 

My case number is 00728283.

Thanks!

Scott

Same issue here! I bought the 12-month gift subscription from HTFDeals.com. Spotify accepted the code when I posted it to my account. Why the disabling now?! This is obviously not my regular account.

@fixmyaccountple wrote:

Same issue here! I bought the 12-month gift subscription from HTFDeals.com. Spotify accepted the code when I posted it to my account. Why the disabling now?! This is obviously not my regular account.

If you get in touch with the link I posted above the Spotify team will be able to look into it for you on a one-to-one basis. 😉

Peter

Peter

I have used the form. I think it's ridiculous that there isn't a phone number to call. I despise online companies who have no phone customer service. This could've been resolved with a 5 minute phone call but here I sit waiting idly for responses over email. Bad form and bad customer service.

I just wanted to add to the tally of users who are experiencing the same exact problem. Spotify has my CC information on file so why automatically disable my account and not fall-back to the CC on file and let me know something funky happened with the gift subscription as opposed to patently disabling my account.

I had to create a NEW account just so I could tell you about my ACTUAL account.

Bad form...

Same here, and it is incredible that I need to create a new account just so I can use the forum. Why not simply disable the premium level until the issue is solved instead of disabling the full account.  

I had to use the reset password contact option...

Case # 00728456

I am hoping this issue is solved, otherwise I guess we would need to request a chargeback to HTF directly, but I am surprised this happened after the prepaid code was accepted.

my account was disabled as well--annoying. The 12 month card was accepted, worked for 3 days, and now disabled. Anyone have a link to report this? Thanks.

@robcritcher wrote:

my account was disabled as well--annoying. The 12 month card was accepted, worked for 3 days, and now disabled. Anyone have a link to report this? Thanks.

You will need to get in touch with the payments team here

Peter

Peter

And, here I sit.. hours later.. with no response from Spotify. Google Music is looking better and better by the minute!

If it helps, i submitted a request at 5:30am ET and am still awaiting a reply.

same problem here, but in my case i bought an 1 month gift card from another website and now i receive an email telling me that my spotify account was disabled due to a chargeback.

i want my account back.

my case number: #: 00728607

Any idea if my case (and the others) have been "chased up?"
It is going to be a long drive home this evening without Spotify.

The following cases are currently in our system and will receive a response soon:

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Are these case numbers being worked on as posted in this thread or as posted to the Contact Form?! Here's my case: 00728379. I'm not sure how this is being handled (aside from appallingly) so I figured I should toss my hat(case) in the ring as well.

My advice?

1.) Get phone support!!

2.) If a payment option fails, turn off premium for an account DON'T FULLY DISABLE IT!

3.) GET PHONE SUPPORT!

This whole situation is dumb.

@fixmyaccountple wrote:

Here's my case: 00728379.

Also in the queue to be answered by our advisors who deal with these kinds of issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Try to give them some time, I'm sure once a resolution is reached for one of the cases they'll apply it across all of them as they turn up.
It is just figuring out what to do and how they are going to approach it takes time.
Although it has been almost 12 hours, I appreciate the help the moderators are providing in this thread to let us know that they are doing what they can.

Suggested posts