Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged After Cancellation

Charged After Cancellation

Hello,

My account was due to be billed July 4, and I cancelled my subscription around July 1st. Spotify went on to charge me which resulted in my bank account being overdrafted and me being charged for that.

I've tried to use the contact form, but on the support site, when I click through everything regarding the 'canceled but charged' it brings me to an endless loop - there is no actual contact form and I am sent to the beginning of the contact topics. 

This is very frustrating as I gladly pay for Spotify when I can afford to, but now I am screwed financially and I can't even get in touch with anyone. 

Thank you,

Brian

1 Reply

@tfpbrian

It's better to delete your payment info by doing the following:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

Without any payment details, no new charges can be made.

To contact customer support use this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

Go to Subscription > Cancelled my subscription, but was still charged > I STILL NEED HELP

Fill the form and send your question.

They'll help you with a refund. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts