Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged Twice

Solved!

Charged Twice

I just looked at my bank account statement and noticed that I was charged twice this month.  I've noticed that this isn't all that uncommon.  How is that okay?  What kind of business **bleep**s up with someone's credit card information this often?  Not to mention the customer service is complete balls in repairing the issues.

40 Replies

Ok will do, are you not able to pass this info on then yourself internally? - passing the buck? 😉

Unfortunately not, as I do not work for Spotify. 

Even if I did, before passing it onto the team more personal information would be required, that is why it is best to deal with all payment and billing queries directly with the Spotify team.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Oh I see, thought you worked for Spot apologies, thanks.

I just discover that in my account has been charged twice since june 2012... now I'm going to look if it begins before of that date

Please I need a solution before to go to the court.

@gueko13 wrote:

I just discover that in my account has been charged twice since june 2012... now I'm going to look if it begins before of that date

Please I need a solution before to go to the court.

Since this is a payment issue, just fill out our contact form and the payments team will get back to you asap.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I just checked my bank account and I was charged 3 times on 2/25/13. I tried using the contact form and it doesn't work for me at all...Ugh!

@Moereign wrote:

I just checked my bank account and I was charged 3 times on 2/25/13. I tried using the contact form and it doesn't work for me at all...Ugh!

Hi! Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you can't get in touch with the online customer service team. If you have received an automated response, just replay directly to that e-mail and this second message will for sure reach one of the agents. 

I cancelled my account with spotify in october or november and just noticed a charge in February for 9.99.  I went back and noticed a charge for all the months since I have cancelled subscription.  There is no number to call to get a refund and I think I may have two accounts somehow because I have done everything to cancel subscription.  I am so frustrated that I cannot call these thieves!  How do I resolve this and get my money back!

@PeterSN wrote:

I cancelled my account with spotify in october or november and just noticed a charge in February for 9.99.  I went back and noticed a charge for all the months since I have cancelled subscription.  There is no number to call to get a refund and I think I may have two accounts somehow because I have done everything to cancel subscription.  I am so frustrated that I cannot call these thieves!  How do I resolve this and get my money back!

Hi! Welcome to the community! I've just moved your post to this topic as this is the right place for such inquiries. You will need to get in touch directly with the online customer service team using this contact form as they will be able to assist you in this case. If you get an automated response, please ignore it and replay directly to that email. Your second message will for sure reach one of the Spotify agents.

I have been charged twice for premium. I need my money back today for other payments! Also I need to be contacted by another email!

Charlottep - The two charges that you see on your statement are both linked to your Spotify account. It's possible that you accidentally pressed the subscription button twice. 

But don't worry about having lost any payments. Our system has taken account of both payments and has extended your Premium subscription to two months. This means that you will not be charged again on your next billing date. Your subscription will continue as usual the month after.

If you'd like the second payment refunded, just contact our payments team here. They'll look into it for you.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I was charged twice for two months in a row, I'm about to cancel and dispute the charges with my credit card company if it doesn't get fixed soon. I contacted the Spotify Support and if I don't get helped soon then I'm done.

@ctmilliorn9 If you get an automated response directing you back here or to an FAQ, please reply to it to make sure it goes to one of the staff.

i too am being charged twice, and would like that to stop, as well as being refunded. let me know

@yoboyjonnymac Please use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Hi ! Since at least 1 year I have paid double charge for my account. 49:- SEK plus 99:- for Premiun. Please help me and stop this

failure!!

Best Regard Bengt

Hey @Benkefis ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Unfortunately, we can't deal with billing issues here on the community so you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this via email.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, 

My account was charged twice on my bank statement. This has never happened before. The first one has been charged and the second one is pending. I have a received a case # but I havent heard anything since. Spotify Case # 01114303. Can you please look into ASAP and have the pending transacation cancelled or reversed. Thank you! 

@carolyny It looks like my colleague got back to you earlier today, have you checked your Junk filters at all?

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

My name is joseph banks and I have premiun service I paided 14.99 on thbe 25th of Dec. and then was charge 14.99 on the 26th of Dec. what a heck of a christmas gift

I don't wabt a refubd but why can;t it go to my next payment which should be in febuary 2020

Suggested posts