Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged Twice!

Charged Twice!

I recently changed my payment method for Premium and just seen that I was charged on both the old card and the card I switched too. Essentially getting billed twice.

5 Replies

Hello @Cruise0!

Sorry to hear you've been charged twice, no worries though, I'm sure we can figure out what happened here 🙂

Can you let me know:

- When did those payments leave your account?

- How long has this been happening for? Is it the first time?

- Also, can you check when is your next payment date in your Spotify subscription page?

Keep me posted, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

One was from 9/23 on the card I was switching off of.  The card I changed it too was charged on 9/22.  My next payment date is listed as 10/22 on my account page. I can also get screencaps from my card apps to shiw the transactions.  The only one that says pending is the card I switched too, but that shouldn't matter because the card I switched off of doesn't show a pending or memo and shouldn't have ever had a transaction to begin with after switching.

Hello @Cruise0!

I'd suggest reading this Support article for me info:

http://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/why-charged-twice

Let me know how things go.

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I noticed they charge as soon as you change your payment method. Something to keep an eye out for the future, something I also had to learn the hard way myself.

As for getting your moo-lah back, I would suggest contacting the help desk.

But for future reference NEVER change your method of payment unless you're okay and ready to be charged. Also make sure you're changing the method around the monthly renewal date.

Hey @Cruise0.

If you see a pending charge from Spotify on your bank account, you can assume it will expire and get back to your account. Your bank can tell you how long.

Since the subscription process takes a few minutes, pending charges shouldn't stay pending for more than a few minutes. But if the subscription process isn't fully completed, the charge will stay pending for a few days and then expire.

So in this case we can't say for sure if you successfully changed your payment method. Log into your account on our website and check which card you have used to pay for your subscription. Alternatively you can cancel your subscription, wait till your account reverts back to Free and then resubscribe with the card you'd like to use. No worries, you won't lose any saved songs or playlists when your Premium expires.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Suggested posts