Charged Twice!

Charged Twice!

user-removed
Not applicable

I have been charged twice for the past few months. I had been contacted by spotify support and sent them the information they needed and have not heard back from them for a week! Whats going on?!

79 Replies

Jason
Spotify Legend
Hey Guys!

Thanks for the case numbers! I'll get the teams to take a look at them, someone will be in touch shortly 🙂

Shout if you need anything else at all.

pbh4dmin

I'm also being charged twice each month for the past 2 months, even though I only have one account. I'm really contemplating on just cancelling my account if it happens another time.

I have sent in a customer service case request last month that ended up getting no reply. I have made an additional service request today, which I hope I will get a reply on.

Can a mod please forward my case numbers to someone who could take care of the issue for me? Thank you so much!

Case #01969066 and #02066911.

Peter__
Community Legend
@pbh4dmin - Forwarded those for you. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Chrishdsimi

I'm also being charged twice and have been since October of 2014.  I've emailed 2 times over a month and I've not heard anything from spotify. It started as I changed my Credit Card. My  Case number is  #01962505.  Thanks.

Peter__
Community Legend
@Chrishdsimi - I've asked someone to make sure they get back to you via that email case. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Greg
Roadie

Hi @Chrishdsimi 

Apologies for the delay.

There's an email on it's way to you now!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

johnnyminardi

Case #02379906

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@johnnyminardi 

I have forwarded your post to the support team at Spotify. Hopefully someone will be in contact soon.

Thanks for your patience.

malbur12

Case # 02588408

Same problem.  Please fix.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@malbur12 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

user-removed
Not applicable

I have been charged twice for the past few months. Case # 02715587

Thanks in advance,

Frank

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@user-removed 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

Ahmrogers
Casual Listener

Grace,

I am a premium subscription Spotify customer.  I have been getting charged on two accounts for the past 6 months.  I have been trying to find a way to get this fixed but I have not had any luck yet.  There is no number to call.  I have filled at least 5 contact forms out.  The issue there is spotify isn't letting me change my contact email, therefor I cant get a response to the contaxt forms. The email on my account has since been deactivated.  

The bank account that spottify has been charging a second time is a bank account that i have been trying to close since I have moved from that area.  I have been keeping a minimal balance in there so when i return to the area i can close it.  even after switching my spotify account to a different bank card which has worked,  I have been continually charged on my old card as well.  This has put my account at the bank that I have been trying to close into a negative balance.  FURTHERMORE Spotify has charged me for an INSUFFICIENT FUNDS FEE!!!!  THIS IS ALSO ON TOP OF THE OVERDRAFT FEES I HAVE RECIEVED FROM MY BANK.  I have bank records to prove this.  I would like to be refunded the inssufient funds fee as well as the months i was charged twice which i dont think is unreasonble.  

This probnlem has gotten out of hand.  I have found no way to fix this  especially without even being able to use on the contact form.  I need help immediately.  I do enjoy the services spotify provides but this lack of customer service has had me considering cancelling my account and taking my membership elsewhere. 

If you can help me please repsond to this post or to my active email  It would be greatly appreciated.

Ahmrogers
Casual Listener

I am a premium subscription Spotify customer.  I have been getting charged on two accounts for the past 6 months.  I have been trying to find a way to get this fixed but I have not had any luck yet.  There is no number to call.  I have filled at least 5 contact forms out.  The issue there is spotify isn't letting me change my contact email, therefor I cant get a response to the contaxt forms. The email on my account has since been deactivated.  

The bank account that spottify has been charging a second time is a bank account that i have been trying to close since I have moved from that area.  I have been keeping a minimal balance in there so when i return to the area i can close it.  even after switching my spotify account to a different bank card which has worked,  I have been continually charged on my old card as well.  This has put my account at the bank that I have been trying to close into a negative balance.  FURTHERMORE Spotify has charged me for an INSUFFICIENT FUNDS FEE!!!!  THIS IS ALSO ON TOP OF THE OVERDRAFT FEES I HAVE RECIEVED FROM MY BANK.  I have bank records to prove this.  I would like to be refunded the inssufient funds fee as well as the months i was charged twice which i dont think is unreasonble.  

This probnlem has gotten out of hand.  I have found no way to fix this  especially without even being able to use on the contact form.  I need help immediately.  I do enjoy the services spotify provides but this lack of customer service has had me considering cancelling my account and taking my membership elsewhere. 

If you can help me please repsond to this post or to my active email.  It would be greatly appreciated.

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Ahmrogers

I replied to your PM regarding this 

iyasug

Hi!

I have been charged twice now for about 7 months (can send bank notes) and written spotify support twice but only gotten a noreply response. This was a couple weeks ago and my last e-mail was 5th of May. Since I am approaching another month it would be great if this could be fixed before end of may, and also get my 70 euro back 🙂

Thanks

The case number is 02872283

Cheers

IyasuG

Skärmavbild 2015-05-18 kl. 18.34.18.png

lomalley31
Casual Listener
I have just had to change my payment details on spotify and as I put my new details in, a message came up informing me that 'something went wrong'. So I tried again thinking I may have put the details in wrong. However the same message came up the second time. I then checked my emails and it turned out that I had two subscription receipt emails from spotify and my account (the card which I was told there had been an error with) had been charged twice. Can anyone help?

lomalley31
Casual Listener
I have sent two emails as well with no reply. Been waiting 3 days.

ajamerson11
I have been charged twice & I need to be refunded ASAP & nobody will contact me. Please help someone my case is #03322712

jayala0621

Hi, I have been charged twice on my account. I have the student discount but they charged my account the $5.40 twice. How can I fix this? 

SUGGESTED POSTS