Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged a $30 fee?

Charged a $30 fee?

I opened my bank statement and was charged a $30 fee? What is this for?

8 Replies

Hey @jrtremblay1! Welcome to the community!

That's an unusual amount Spotify would charge. Could you check with your bank and see if everything's alright there? Let me know how it goes.

Take care!: )

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The same thing happened to me, and it put my bank account into the negative. I've since gotten paid & so it's all good now, except that I'm $30 less than I should be and I really can't afford that. Is there a way to remove the fee since I paid my bill? 

Hey @valoceraptor!

Hmm, that's weird! Spotify usually wouldn't charge that amount. Could you contact your bank and check if things are OK over there? Also, what kind of subscription do you have?

Thanks, take care!

HuboSpotify Star

I have a Premium account. The charge is from Spotify, not my bank. It seems like others have also gotten $30 fees at some point, so I guess this happens regularly. Please help!

Hey @valoceraptor!

Alright, I'm going to check this with the folks backstage. Someone from Spotify or I will get back to you as soon as possible!

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

Hey @jrtremblay1 & @valoceraptor! Thanks for coming to the community!

You can contact someone from Spotify using Spotify: Contact. Someone will take a look backstage and make sure everything's okay! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care!

HuboSpotify Star

Hi @jrtremblay1 & @valoceraptor,

Was wondering if yall ever had this issue resolved. The same thing just happened to me.

Hey @Shaumas,

Thanks for your reply on this thread 🙂

Take into account that when you add a payment method, some payment providers issue a temporary authorization charge. No worries, usually this amount returns automatically to your bank account after a few hours.

If you want to make sure this is the case, the best way to go would be to contact our CS team. They can help you verify the charge. You can find how to contact them here.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you. 

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts