Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged as Premium but my subscription status is Free Spotify User!

Solved!

Charged as Premium but my subscription status is Free Spotify User!

I paid for Premium but my account shows that i am a Free Spotify User.(however i am charged as Premium). I can't unsuscribe because there is no such option in my account (as "free" Spotify User).Help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Maria29,

Here's what to try if you've upgraded to Premium but it still says that you're a Free user.

• If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app. 
    • If it says Free, check the receipt Spotify send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

If you've tried all the steps above,  please click on the button below. It'll then take you through a survey to point you in the right direction:

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 11.24.24 AM.png

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@moonlunatica @user-removed

You should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They'll help you out. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

View solution in original post

26 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Maria29,

Here's what to try if you've upgraded to Premium but it still says that you're a Free user.

• If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app. 
    • If it says Free, check the receipt Spotify send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

If you've tried all the steps above,  please click on the button below. It'll then take you through a survey to point you in the right direction:

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 11.24.24 AM.png

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks!

Hi, 

I payed for Premium on May 9th, but now it's suddenly on Free and it's asking me to upgrade even though a month has not passed yet. Can you help me out and put me back on Premium?

Thanks,

Thomas 

@Somber98,

This survey will point you in the right direction: https://community.spotify.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/HelpFlow-Account

MaximSpotify Star

Is there a way to reach Spotify staff to find out why they charge you $9.99 a month, but don't give you the service.  Had to resort to going through PayPal to get an answer.

i tried to suscribe with an offer of 9 mexican pesos for 3 months, i used my debit card, in the middle of the transaction the web recalls an error and says the card is not being charged, i am now checking my bank account and the 9 pesos payment is actually done, i've already check the 2 accounts we have use my boyfriend and i and none of them has premium service or and email confirming the suscription, i want to cancel the recurring payment and the money back since not having premium service.

@moonlunatica

Si no recibiste correos de confirmacion, lo mas seguro es que el saldo solamente este congelado, es decir, que te sera devuelto al paso de un dia habil o dos.

En todo caso, ponte en contacto con servicio al cliente a traves de este link:

Mantente pendiente de la carpeta Spam, ya que muchas veces la respuestas llegan alli.

Si recibes la respuesta automatica, responde directamente a support@spotify.com y una agente de servicio al cliente se pondra en contacto.

Se tardan, como maximo, 24 hrs habiles en contestar.

O contacta via Twitter, @SpotifyAyuda.
osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, I am using eith my husband Oktay Kaymanlı he registered me with his account but still I am using free spotify account.

His account is as below, can you help me.

https://play.spotify.com/user/oktayka 

I payed 0,99€ for premium and no premium - I used before such offer and nothing, only 0,99€ from my bank account is withdrawed and NO PREMIUM - it is THEFT

I payed 0,99 too and in the application I have premium but in the acount I have subscription :Spotify Family until 30-07-2016!? Why ? Where is 3 mounths ... ?

@halflifeman

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your account a day or two later.

In any case, you should contact customer support through this link:

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star

@user-removed

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

You can login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription here:

and also check your receipts here:

If it still shows you as Spotify Family, means you're part of someone's Family subscription.

osorniosSpotify Star

That's the problem I didn't get any mail confirming the subscription, I have already check all my emails and all of the possible Facebook accounts.

I didn't get any mail confirming the subscription too.. I only have in the acount confirm number... Yesterday I unsubscriptioned and I have information: "....expired 30.07.2016" ... but I payd 26.05.2016... Echhh...

I never was the part of someone's Family subscription.. - I never used spotify !!

Marked as solution

@moonlunatica @user-removed

You should contact customer support through this link:

osorniosSpotify Star

I was sent an invitation by my son to join our family premium account. I registered and got premium loaded. One week later the account shows only free status. I have reinstalled, and gone online to check, and it shows free everywhere. I tried to re-use the invitation he sent me to join and spotify won't accept it. This is bad service.

@gordgr

Has your son checked if you still appear as part of the Family Plan?

If you don't appear anymore, tell him to send you another link generated through INVITE MEMBER BY LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

osorniosSpotify Star

I am utterly livid, I just paid the full $13.99 for spotify, money that immediately dissapeared from my itunes account however have not been compensated with a sportify premium status. This was money I could not afford to loose, and I feel like I have been robbed. I tried all of the troubleshooting techniques non of which proved successful, and I went as far as to delete the app, redownload, and log in again, which also proved to be a waste of time. Somebody better fix this problem soon or else I see no reason why people should trust spotify with their money if Spotify will blatantly and shamelessly steal from them. I will never use spotify again. 

Hey @chazmicjazz

Check the status of your subscription, and if it appears as Free, the payment probably didn't go through on Spotify's side.

For the time being, it's better to get your Premium through the website.
osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts