Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for Free Trial?!

Charged for Free Trial?!

I decided to try out spotify for the first time ever today, never even been on the website before. I heard about an awesome 30 day free trial and thought I'd give it a shot. I made an account, clicked on the "Start your 30 Day Free Trial", which I was then prompted to enter credit card or paypal information. My Visa Debit didn't work for me so I used paypal, and was then charged $11.50 for a month of premium. I made sure I didn't click on the wrong thing, I backed out of that screen about 4-5 times to make sure I was going to the right page, and I even looked up online and couldn't find any info about it. So I figured it wouldn't charge me until after the 30 day period OR it would hold my money until I cancel. This was not the case, I was charged and even after cancelling my premium the money is still gone. I'm extremely unhappy that I clicked on a 30 day free trial link and was then charged for a service I don't even know if I'm going to use. If I can't/don't get my money refunded for what was supposed to be a free trial period, I will definitely never use this service again. Hope I get some help with this, very displeased at the moment.

6 Replies

Hey there @WatermeIon_Man and welcome to the community!!

That doesn't sound right. Did you sign-up for the promo via a third party, like iTunes? If not, I'd advice you get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff so that they can take a look backstage for you. To do that, send them a tweet or DM @SpotifyCares on Twitter.

Hope this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Thank you for your quick response! I definitely will contact them ASAP. I didn't go through any other site, it was

https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/

and the free trial thing I clicked on was this:

help.jpg

@WatermeIon_Man You're welcome! This looks like the normal trial page. You should keep in mind that eligible for this promo are users who haven't had Premium in the past, or even a trial.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

K

the same thing happened to me (but I didn't press confirm on the purchase) and I have never used premium or even had a trial? How can I fix this?

Please let me know!

Hey there @frah and welcome to the community!

I'd suggest you get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff to look in on this for you by sending them a tweet or DM @SpotifyCares

Hope this helped!

K

I signed up for the trial. I cancelled (via the mobile app) before the trial period ended, then deleted the app.

Months later, I look at my credit card statement (one that I don't use ever, except for this trial). I had been charged for Premium the entire time.

After contacting Spotify customer service, they were only willing to refund me 3 months unless I could provide evidence of my cancellation. However, I had no idea that I was supposed to receive an email confirmation of my cancellation. They were able to confirm that I never used the service after the trial period. Yet they were still unwilling to provide a full refund.

I'm switching to iTunes or Pandora. Way better customer service.

Suggested posts