Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for Premium even though I am on a Free Trial on Account Details

Charged for Premium even though I am on a Free Trial on Account Details

I signed up to Spotify free trial about a month ago and had to give my Paypal details to create account. I enjoyed it but did not wish to commit to a monthly bill so therefore did not upgrade to Premium etc. However, today I had a payment for 9.99 euros made via Paypal to Spotify. I checked my account details on here and it clearly shows I am on a Free Trial - so why have I have been charged?

I would be grateful if you could investigate and arrange a refund.

3 Replies

It seems you have two Spotify accounts which might be causing some confusion.

But when you sign up for a free trial, it will automatically continue with a regular Premium subscription after the trial ends. There's a screen that mentions that during the trial signup process. You haven't logged into your Premium account since the most recent payment so you're entitled to a refund as it stands. Get in touch here and one of our support team will get back to you as soon as they can. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thank you for getting back to me on this extremely frustrating problem. The links you provided do not work and even getting this far in simply replying to your message has been a nightmare. I have had to change my forum name to 'honeypie2' in order to type this as it would not allow me to respond otherwise.  I would be grateful if you could forward my case to someone with authority to refund my Paypal account and my free trial Spotify account may be terminated.   Thank you for your assistance.

Honeypie - I'm sending an email through to you now. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts