Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for a mistake

Charged for a mistake

So basically i was going to purchase the student discount deal so i put in my high school and my dob and i clicked continue it said that it needed to be a college so i decided not to do it anymore but then 4 minutes later i get a notification saying that i was charged 5.00 dollars. I want to know why i was charged if it said it had to be a college and it was invalid info for putting a high school instead of a college. Another thing the button said continue not purchase so Spotify had no right to charge me there if it said purchase then i would get it but it said continue. Now i would like to get a refund and cancel my membership. 

2 Replies

You were charged because you added your credit card info in before filling up your college info.

To get a refund you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply email address) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. Give it 24 to 48hrs, also make sure you're checking your Spam/Junk folder because sometimes emails might end up there, you can also Tweet / DM @SpotifyCares.

@Nemies126

Hello:

I am going to move this thread over to Help - Accounts and Subscriptions: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/bd-p/spotifyaccountrelated

Suggested posts