Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for premium, but it's not there

Charged for premium, but it's not there

I started signing up for student Spotify and it said there was problem with my card and nothing was charged. Well I most definitely was charged for it but I don't have premium. How do I get this fixed?
9 Replies

Hello @brittniimorgan, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Here's what to try if you've upgraded to Premium but don't see it in the app.

• Check your subscription page. Your status should be Premium. 
  • If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app. 
  • If it says Free, check the receipt we send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

It's also possible you have a second account - one account with a Spotify username, the other created and linked to your Facebook profile. Try logging in with each to access your Premium.

I hope this helped! 🙂

I never received a reciept. So explain what's going on.

Same here. Signed up for student discount but couldn't use my school to sign up for it. Cancelled out of the tab and the $4.99 was still taken out of my account. I emailed support a few days ago and still no reply. 

This is great. Spotify needs to get it together or something because this is ridiculous.

Well great. I just got a reply to my email that was, in fact, NO help what's so ever. It just told me to go onto the community forum and check out the help page. This is ridiculous. Apple Music, here I come, I guess. 

This is when they needed to add a freaking number for someone to call.

Hello @music_lover24

It sounds like you received the No-Reply email?

Just reply to that Email and Spotify Will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

Hello @brittniimorgan

You can contact Spotify support here to assist you with your issue 🙂

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

If you have a Twitter, you can contact the "SpotifyCares" and they can help. I spoke with someone and they told me I wasn't actually charged because it's pending and it shows on their documents that I wasn't charged and i had failed attempts. I should be getting my money back soon, so we shall see.

Suggested posts