Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for premium on free trial

Solved!

Charged for premium on free trial

I've been charged 9.99 when I cancelled well before the 30 days were up. After trying to find a number to call, I find that I can only contact through the contact forms. After doing more research, I've seen how poor Spotify is in getting back to people with these problems. So not only can I not call to get immediate results, I have to wait for Spotify at their convenience to give me my money back. Which could be a couple months and another  9.99 charge.

Yes, I filled out your form to get help, but I don't get how an organization can get away with not posting some kind of customer service number. Especially when they're wrongfully taking peoples money. I've read a lot of cases having this same problem just in the past couple weeks.

I was a happy Spotify user until this happened, and this really puts a bitter taste in my mouth.

134 Replies

Same here! Did they fix it?

@Alegoytia 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, they did fix it and very fast!

I canceled already but I still have the charge on my account.

@Alegoytia 

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi,

I took out a contract in March and have 6 months free Spotify.

I signed up but signed up through facebook and unfortunately the email address on my facebook has been hacked and i cannot acces it so I have a new email address.

I had to enter my card details to sign up to premium and then noticed Spotify have taken £9.99.

I called vodafone and asked them and they told me to contact Spotify as their error.

Can someone please help me.

Many Thanks

@11147432414 

Sorry for the delay

MattSudaSpotify Star

I've been charged $9.99 for Premium even though I signed up for the free 30-day trial. Moreover I can't find anywhere to actually COMMUNICATE with anyone from Spotify to tell them as much. HELP! Pretty poorly designed, and pretty frustrating.

Marked as solution

@jaimeclewis

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi, the same thing has just happened to me, I just signed up to a free trial for 60 days and have just checked my account and seen that £9.99 has been taken from my account. I don't understand the concept of paying for a 'free' trial, so I'm not sure what to do now.

Hi,
I got the same problem. I saw there is a free trial for 60 days but after I logged in to my account , it turned to 30 days trial only. More and more, after I set the payment details and got the trial, I checked my account and it said 9.99 is ordered. Shouldn't it suppose to be free?

I received an invitation for a 30 days premium trial after the 7 days ended. Keyed in my credit card details and got charged SGD9.90 immediately despite canceling the subscription 5 min later. Filed a ticket to get a refund as I would not want to be charged for a "free trial", feels scammed and would like to receive the refund asap. 😞

Hi,

I am having the same issue. Signed up for the free 60 day trail a couple of days ago and my account has been debited.

Hoping to get this refunded.

I'm so confused.. I am a free spotify user I don't think I have ever pressed for the free premium trial and have just got a receipt emailed to me charging me £12.99. I've gone on to my spotify to have a look whether I've accidentally Without reading something signed up for premium and no it says I'm a free member and to upgrade press here. So why am I being charged when I don't even having the premium services available. This is totally wrong is is going to continue monthly but have no idea how to stop it!

I am a free user, even shows in my account but I have been charged $9.99, I was told to use the community support which the steps they show are very unfriendly. Please help with a refund.

I accidentally clicked on the free trial version (Premium) and even tried to close their app hoping that I can revert what I did but unfortunately, it got through. Meanwhile, Spotify have charged me with $10.62 while on "free trial version" as they say but the thing that's bugging me up is how were they able to charge me if I haven't even entered my credit card information?

I got charged 4 times in one month then got charged again today and I can't even use premium...

Hey, I know this is an old topic, but it just happened to me today. I subscribed for a 2 month free trial, but I checked into my bank account, and you actually charged me for the premium. What do I do to have my money back?

Hi Meredith, 

I signed up for my free trial and the exact same night was charged 4.99 + tax.  I would really like to hear back from you all about this issue.

This happened to me as well. I signed up for the free 1 month trial period just a few days ago, and I already have a pending charge on my account. It is frustrating to be charged for a trial period that is suppose to be free, and even more frustrating that Spotify makes it so hard to contact customer sopport for help.

Suggested posts