Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for premium on free trial

Solved!

Charged for premium on free trial

I've been charged 9.99 when I cancelled well before the 30 days were up. After trying to find a number to call, I find that I can only contact through the contact forms. After doing more research, I've seen how poor Spotify is in getting back to people with these problems. So not only can I not call to get immediate results, I have to wait for Spotify at their convenience to give me my money back. Which could be a couple months and another  9.99 charge.

Yes, I filled out your form to get help, but I don't get how an organization can get away with not posting some kind of customer service number. Especially when they're wrongfully taking peoples money. I've read a lot of cases having this same problem just in the past couple weeks.

I was a happy Spotify user until this happened, and this really puts a bitter taste in my mouth.

134 Replies

I DIG YOU. I CANCELLED BEFORE TRIAL. THE NUMBER THAT APPEARED ON MY STATEMENT IS DISCONNECTED OR NEVER WORKED. HOW CAN YOU CHARGE PEOPLE AND LEAVE A BOGUS NUMBER ON A STATEMENT?. IS EVERYBODY CROOKS NOW ?. SHOW ME HOW TO GET AWAY WITH THIS BOGUS **bleep**. MAYBE FREE TRIAL SHOULD'NT REQUIRE GIVING PAYMENT INFO UNLESS YOU WANNA KEEP IT AFTER. I'VE HAD TO CANCEL A CARD BEFORE WHEN THIS HAPPENED WITH DAILY BURN. THERE WOULD BE LESS MISUNDERSTANDINGS IF THERE WERE NUMBERS YOU CAN CALL TO PERSONALLY CANCEL SO THERE'D BE NO MISTAKE. DAILY BURN HAD TOOK $62 OFF MY CARD AFTER I CANCELLED BEFORE THE TRIAL WAS OVER. BECAUSE I HAD HAD SURGERY AND WAS'NT GONNA BE ABLE TO USE IT. THEY FINALLY GAVE IT ALL BACK CEPT FOR $12 PLUS DOLLARS. I NEVER GOT IT SO I WAS CHARGED FOR A MONTH ANYWAY. AND GOT NO ANSWER AS TO WHY THEY CHARGED SO MUCH ANYWAY. PEOPLE FULL OF **bleep**. NO MORE TRIALS WITH MY INFO FOR ME. TOO TRICKY. BEWARE.

PAYPAL IS THE WAY. I WAS FORTUNATE TO HAVE CONTACTED MY BANK WHILE IT WAS STILL A PENDING TRANSACTION SO IT CAME BACK ON MY CARD. I'M COOL AS LONG AS THEY DON'T DO IT AGAIN. I SIGN ON WITH MY ROKU SO I MAY BE ABLE TO HAVE THEM BLOCKED. MY ROKU INFO WAS USED. I STILL GOT FREE EVERYWHERE ELSE CAUSE MY PC ACCOUNT WOULD'NT TAKE ON ROKU.

Its great you were lucky like this.  I went to Paypal, stopped the preapproved payment to Spotify, and three days later Paypal paid Spotify, after I had cancelled my Premium account and also cancelled the preapproved payment procedure.  Paypal is well versed in the criminal procedures that Spotify elects to use.  To even question the unauthorized withdrawel from my Paypal account, Paypal made me change my password (give me a break), as if Paypal wasn't well versed in Spotify's shady business practice of ripping customers off after the customer has declined the service and after the approval in Paypal has stopped.  

Note to everyone....if a company must steal from its customers and hide behind preapproved payment procedures in a hope that the customer forgets, it should tell you everything you need to know about that company.  I refuse to deal with a company who elects to conduct shady at best business practices.  Shame on you Spotify!  

I went to Paypal, stopped the preapproved payment to Spotify, and three days later Paypal paid Spotify, after I had cancelled my Premium account and also cancelled the preapproved payment procedure.  Paypal is well versed in the criminal procedures that Spotify elects to use.  To even question the unauthorized withdrawel from my Paypal account, Paypal made me change my password (give me a break), as if Paypal wasn't well versed in Spotify's shady business practice of ripping customers off after the customer has declined the service and after the approval in Paypal has stopped.  

Note to everyone....if a company must steal from its customers and hide behind preapproved payment procedures in a hope that the customer forgets, it should tell you everything you need to know about that company.  I refuse to deal with a company who elects to conduct shady at best business practices.  Shame on you Spotify!  

I have finally canceled my Spodify premium. I signed up on a free trial and somehow started to get charged for the last 3 months. There is no phone contact to talk to someone voice to voice, which makes it hard to give your customers satisfaction on resovling problems.There are a lot of people having the same problems as we can see.

I hope Spodify will do the right thing and refund me.

THANK YOU. I HAD GOTTEN THE PAYMENT BACK ON MY CARD BECAUSE IT WAS A
PENDING TRANSACTION THEN TWO DAYS LATER THE PAYMENT WAS TAKEN AGAIN AND I
COMPLAINED TO THE NETSPEND PEOPLE. IT WAS A POSTED TRANSACTION THIS TIME.
NETSPEND IS SUPPOSE TO BLOCK SOMEONE YOU HAD A DISPUTE WITH UNLESS YOU GIVE
THEM YOUR PERSONAL APPROVAL. I GOT MY MONEY BACK. SHAME ON YOU SPOTIFY.😡😠

Why do you still keep charging me after I long cancelled the subscription brfore 30 days? 

I used this website

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/ 

and an agent responded on-line within a minute of my post.

She helped resolve the this issue by CHAT ... VERY helpful!!!

The more information you can provide, the easier it is for the agent to look up the problem.

I'm being charged for premium but don't receive it pleasa fix it

Same here,I was charged 4.99 twice as soon as I signed up for 30 free trial,I'm going to wait til the 30 days is up and then cancel and never sign up again because I am so dissapointed,I really liked using spotify and would've been a long time customer, but I am not going to support crooks.

Hi. I just availed the premium and paying via mobile payment thinking that there will be no charged. However, as I filled up my number, I receieved a text message saying I was charged for the premium. Why is that?

I just got charged for Spotify premium, I have a email from spotify that I had unsubscribe to premium but I got a notification from my account that 9.99 was taken from my account. I ended it and then next thing I know it says I paid for it the next day.

What the **bleep** does that even mean?

Well it means that Spotify didn't end my subscription, even though it sent an email that it did, and took money out of my account.

I love listening to Spotify but if I'm getting charged for premium that I'm not even subscribed to, I might as well just delete my Spotify. Plus I heard getting contacted with the company is very hard and that they don't really help the people who get ripped off from this.

Tried to charge me for a premium account but couldn't now lost everything after only 30 days. Thought it was a 60 day free trial. What's up with that?????

I am super disappointed, Spotify charged me after I canceled so I had to cancel now again.  I would like my money because it wasn't my fault, it did not cancel. Somehow if i could get my money back I would appreciate it  

I had taken up the 3 months $0.99 Premium offer then cancelled it after the 3 months on Friday March 24 but I have just noticed I am still being charged for the service. I am certain I cancelled it so I'm pretty annoyed about it.

A few months ago I changed the credit card with which I was paying the premium account, however, they made the payment with the old credit card.

So I request the review of changes to the billing cards, as well as the refund of my money, or to be used to pay the next month.

I have exactly the same problem - I cancelled my subscription and they continue to charge - this is just a terrible practise - not only thoroughly incompetent but also possible illiegal 

I had a great result. I used the instant help window and chatted to a support person who organised to refund the three payments that had been made after I thought I had cancelled. Can't complain about that.

Steve

It's literally just a **bleep**ty thing companies do now. They don't want you to find the number you need to cancel. The consumer gets frustrated & most likely won't keep looking & keep it b/c they're lazy,.
It's brilliant actually on their end.
But it's not cool. I will never understand why people don't practice honest business anymore.

Suggested posts