Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged for premium when I already Cancelled

Charged for premium when I already Cancelled

Hi,

I have just been charged the full amount of £9.99 for premium when I cancelled the subscription. Can you help me with this please as I want a refund. I no longer want to use this anymore.
7 Replies

Hi P_! Sorry to hear that you got charged. When you canceled your subscription did you receive a confirmation email? If you did not, then unfortunately the cancellation process wasn't completed. You'll want to go through the same process as before, but keep going through the pages until you receive that confirmation email.

If you did receive the email and still got charged, then it's possible that you have a second account that was not canceled. I would recommend getting in touch with support through this form. Please note that you will most likely receive an automated email back from support directing you to the forums or the FAQ page; just ignore that, and reply back directly to that email (even if it comes from a no-reply address), and support should help sort your issue out as soon as they can.

As far as getting a refund, I can make no promises as to whether or not you'll be given one, but your best bet will be contacting support through the form I linked above. Again, no promises, but support is typically understanding and will do what's within their power to help sort things out.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any other question regarding this, or something else. All the best!

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I replied back through the Email.

Kind Regards,

Paddy

Hi, i haven't got any response following up this report?

I have emailed a response several times and I cannot believe how poor the customer service has been.

I was charged for premium on one account. Not two, but one.

@P_

That's weird. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you. Have you check your spam folder?

Also, login to the website to check if your registered email is current:

Alternatively, you could try via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

Please may I state that I am the one chasing up this case & I still cannot believe I haven't had a follow up to this. Common sense, You check your spam folder and the best recommendation I get as an option is to read through spotify's online support when clearly I am reporting a case that I have been charged for nothing.

Yet, there is no follow up to this except recommendations. I am getting to the point where I am getting fed up of chasing this up & wondering why this hasn't been dealt with early.

If someone from spotify can assist me on getting this resolved quickly then it'd be much appreciated getting straight to the point.

Kind Regards,

Paddy

Hey Paddy, really sorry that you're feeling frustrated, the end is in sight. That email that you got recomending for you to come here, reply directly back to it, even if it says not to. That'll get you in touch with someone from Spotify. I realize it's incredibly round about, but the system assumes that most individual's issues can be solved here on the forums, which is usually true, just less so for account issues like yours. Hopefully once you reply back that'll get this resolved for you, and if not, please let us know. 

I await for Spotify's response.

Thank you for being reasonable with me.

Suggested posts