Announcements

Charged from GB instead of AUD and i got charged international fees on my credit card

Highlighted

Re: Charged from GB instead of AUD and i got charged international fees on my credit card

Casual Listener
Mary - I have had this problem since mid year 2016. I have been requested Spotify to contact the bank 3 times each time I have and the answer is the same the bank is paying what the merchant requests. In this case the merchant is requesting the monies to be paid in Pounds and not AUS Dollar so the bank obliges but obviously has to charges a foreign transaction fee, bottom line is the merchant at fault not the bank. I feel as tho we are going in circles and the contract I agreed to when signing up was Spotify Aus membership fees not GB fees. Please address this issue with the importance and urgency it requires as the fees albeit minimal when added up over time it isn't so minimal. Please advise
Highlighted

Re: Charged from GB instead of AUD and i got charged international fees on my credit card

Music Fan

anyways cya later spotify, going to apple music.. it's only $120 for a whole year so it's cheaper than spotify.. and they don't make silly excuses on why we're getting charged extra 50cents every month..

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Yep, you have lost me too, will move to somewhere else as you make your lives more profitable by moving your accounts offshore i will do the same.

You are dancing around the law by moving you billing offshore, everyone now gets charged an international bank transaction.  Yep, its not you making money directly, but its costing everyone else more, 100% for your convenience.

Your attitude to your customers is disgraceful, so long!

Highlighted

Hi, I have the same problem since Oct 2016. I've been complaining to Spotify almost every month. Also, I already explain to them the bank won't charge conversion fee with no reason. The bank charged me because Spotify put my account under GB instead of AU. One of Spotify customer service even requested me to scan my credit card bill which I already did. STILL no reply and so solution even until today. So disappointed. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I got a reply and they said

"  Thanks for getting in touch with us regarding a foreign transaction.

We understand your concern about a transaction that has appeared on your bank card with the payment tag GB, not to worry we can clear this up for you.

We normally route AUD transactions via our domestic acquiring partner, in the US. When, in very rare instances, they are not available, the transaction is routed via the European acquiring partner to ensure it is processed immediately.

We apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get back to us."

All the best,

Alexandre

Spotify Customer Support

Its a joke as its not a rare occurrence its happening every month but that is their get out clause and they keep using it every time I get a response. I most prob wil cancel sub.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Nonsense, this is happening every month. I won't be signing up again until
you can guarantee I won't be charged the fees
Highlighted

Wow I was seriously considering signing up for Spotify but not now. Thanks I'll find another option.
Highlighted

Visitor

This has started happening to me since last month (August 2020).

Highlighted

Hey there @rebel_s

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. 

As mentioned above it's your bank that's charging you the extra fee. 

We're working on fixing it so it doesn't happen in the future, but can't say right now when it will be implemented.

We hope this information was helpful.

We're always one reply away if you need us.

Cheers!

MarioModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"There's more to living than only surviving." - Dexter Holland
SUGGESTED POSTS