Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged on a card I never entered and cant cancel subscription?

Charged on a card I never entered and cant cancel subscription?

I had Spotify for three months, paid 99c on an old debit card as a deal that Spotify offered me. Time came for the three months to end and I get multiple emails about failed payments. I get an email that says I will have premium for five more days and then it will expire, because I havent given a new form of payment. Fair enough, I dont want to pay the $10 a month, I dont have the cash for it. 

So I check my bank account today to find that Spotify charged me through my new debit card (I have never given Spotify the info of the new card)! I dont want to subscibe any more; which I why I never updated payment information, yet somehow it knew the details of my card and charged me? Really peeved at this. 

Conveniently, I cannot load the page to cancel my subscription on either of my devices. Every other page on the Spotify is loading quickly except the page to cancel your subscription. Also conveniently, I cant seem to find an option on the site to contact Spotify directly. This is super annoying!

1 Reply

Hey @Eztli

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts