Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged twice for premium, still stuck on free subscription

Charged twice for premium, still stuck on free subscription

I was trying to sign up for the student discount premium subscription under my existing Spotify account and my bank account was charged twice. I have no access to any of the premium features because my Spotify account is still showing the free subscription. I've logged out and in multiple times, I've deleted the app and reinstalled it. still nothing. I want my account to be refunded ASAP and to be ensured that I'm not going to charged twice monthly. My case number is 03702889 please fix this ASAP!
5 Replies

Hello @mascara_overdos, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Are you logging in with the account that you upgraded to premium (EG: if you have a Facebook account, did you log into the Facebook account and if you have a Spotify account, did you log into the Spotify account?)

I hope this helps solve your issue 🙂

I have both and I tried logging in both accounts and neither one would work as premium. I have no idea why I was charged twice when it's not working for either account. I only wanted premium for 1 account.

@mascara_overdos

Mmm okay, May i ask, have you sent a email to Spotify support already?

Yes I've emailed them. They haven't responded yet. My case number is 03702889. I honestly think when I tried to sign up for the student discount premium account that they might've thought I was a new user and wanted to create a new account?? That's not the case but maybe that's why my account is still showing "free". I have a feeling my bank account is going to get charged twice a month every month for the next 12 months 😞 this is really frustrating. My bank is making me wait until I hear back from Spotify first before they will even fix it on their end. I hope Spotify fixes this soon.

@mascara_overdos

If you received a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Suggested posts