Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged wrong on Spotify Premium

Solved!

Charged wrong on Spotify Premium

Hi, I signed up to Spotify Premium in the hope that at some point I would be able to apply my NUS Extra discount. This wasn't the case.

Therefore, once I'd subscribed I went through the link on the NUS website to apply my NUS Extra card details to my account and get my discount. However, I was told on screen that I would need to cancel my subscription and re-subscribe to be able to add the card details. (This was only a few minutes after I'd initially subscribed)

So I cancelled, re-subscribed and put my NUS Extra card details in to get the discount.

However, having checked my bank this morning, I've been charged the full £9.99 for the first month when I would have expected to be charged only £4.99.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

All done! Please allow 3-5 days for the money to return to your account. Now, just resubscribe from your account page and you'll be good to go 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community!

Not to worry, I can see that the NUS discount is now active on your account so what I would suggest is that we terminate your current subscription and refund the payment. This will then allow you to subscribe again where you will be charged £4.99. How does this sound?

Follow me on Spotify.

That would be great! I take it I would need to re-subscribe myself? Will I get any sort of notification that my original subscription has been cancelled?

Marked as solution

All done! Please allow 3-5 days for the money to return to your account. Now, just resubscribe from your account page and you'll be good to go 🙂

Follow me on Spotify.

Thank you Jamie, really appreciate the speedy response!

You are very welcome 🙂

Have a fantastic week!

Follow me on Spotify.

Suggested posts