Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast stops playing after some seconds

Chromecast stops playing after some seconds

Dear Support-Team,

until yesterday Spotify and chromecast worked fine for me. Since yesterday the chromecast stops playing the Spotify-Stream after a couple of seconds (10-20 sec.).

I tried to create a password to avoid logging in using Facebook. However, I get the error "error in creating a password".

Could you kindly let me know if there is a work-around or what I can do on this issue?

Thanks and kind regards

Peter

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  6. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello osornios,

unfortunately the problem was not related to the Facebook-login.

I tried another (new) account and the same issue appeared: Chromecast stops playing after about 20 seconds. Is that a known issue?

Thanks and kind regards

Peter

@user-removed

I wouldn't know, since I don't have one myself. You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

Let me know how it goes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts