Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast

Chromecast

Please help!! I cannot connect my Spotify to my Chromecast and I'm on the same WiFi network with my Chromecast, I can't even see the device option under the play button. Pls help!!!
5 Replies

Hello @Otis_God,

can you please try and resetting both Spotify, Chromecast and your Wi-Fi? It might be something either involving one or all three.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

What Chromecast do you have? The new Chromecast or the first Chromecast?

If you have the first Chromecast that came out, you will have to wait for Google to release a firmware update so that is becomes compatible with Spotify.

I heard that the firmware update will take a few weeks to finish rollout. So hopefully by the end of October you will be able to use Spotify with your Chromecast. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

do you have a Chromecast 1 or 2.

CC1:

First of all you need the latsest firmware. if there is a device option then either you don't have the latest spotify of chromecast firmware or you are not on the same network.

Google just started to roll out firmware 1.16.44433 but still Spotify is not working. you see the chromecast device but when you connect you get connected but nothing happens music continues to play on the phone. 

So the older version is still not working! 

CC2 it should work. but only with the latest version of spotify on your phone or tablet.

@Otis_God

For people with the first generation Chromecast, the firmware update is now rolling out. Try restarting your Chromecast to get Spotify support.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts