Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Client stuck on logging in screen, just bought premium, need urgent help

Client stuck on logging in screen, just bought premium, need urgent help

When I try to log into the Spotify client, I type in my credentials but it just hangs on my loading screen forever. "Logging in..."

Occasionally it will just stop loading and bring me back to login page. Other times it will bring me back to the login page and give me error #117. I know this means it is a problem with the client connecting to the server. I have uninstalled and done a clean reinstall, I have allowed Spotify through my Windows firewall (private and public) and through the inbound and outbound rules. I do not have any other firewall softwares installed. It just isn't allowing me to use the desktop client. 

I'm running 64-bit Windows 8.1.

POSSIBLE REASON: I didn't like the newest update, so I uninstalled it and downloaded the version just before it. I am using that version now. I may be wrong, but I believe it is version 0.9.15.27g87efe634. This could possibly be the reason?

Another thing: My premium subscription ran out a few days ago and I renewed it today. I used a gift card to pay for it. The order ID is 23360472343079. When I go to my Subcriptions and Payment settings, under Subscriptions it says 'You are registered for Spotify Premium until 2015-06-15. After this period your account will become a Spotify Free account.' It has a 'stay premium' button under it. I believe it is supposed to say 'You have an active Spotify Premium subscription'? Is this is an issue? I have bought premium and it worked, I was taken to the page that says 'Enjoy Premium' but I'm seeing all these links that tell me to upgrade to premium?

Finally, I have the Spotify app on my Android device and none of my tracks are available, even when I'm connected to my own Wi-Fi. But for some reason when I switch Wi-Fi off and turn on my celluar data I can suddenly play everything? Is there a workaround for this?

I'm sorry for the lengthy post, but I just bought premium, and I'm worried with all these problems it might have been a waste. I don't want that to happen. I pre-thank everyone who contributes to this discussion.

2 Replies

Subscription:

When you use a gift card to pay for premium, the account page will show a "stay premium" button. It sounds like you premium subscription is active, so you don't need to worry.

WiFi:

For the desktop app and Android app problem, have you tried restarting your WiFi connection? If both devices are having trouble connecting it could be a WiFi issue.

If it is not a WiFi issue, continue reading:

Login error:

It could be that downgrading messed up your Spotify instalation.

I suggest a clean reinstall of Spotify:

First uninstall Spotify and then delete this folder:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify
After that reinstall Spotify

If you can't find the folder, try this:

Uninstall Spotify: Start > Control Panel > Programs / Uninstall a Program > Spotify
Find your AppData folder and delete all Spotify data.
Start, run, type: %appdata% and hit enter
You probably see 4 folders; enter each and see if they contain a folder called Spotify. Delete the entire Spotify folder.
Restart your computer at this point.
Reinstall Spotify (download)

Android:

Try reinstalling the Spotify app on your phone.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you for the reply. My Android device actually started working properly overnight, is connected to Wi-Fi and resyncing all my songs.

It's now only the desktop client that's giving me trouble. I will try your tips later today when I get home and will update if it works or not.

Suggested posts