Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Close Account Email doesn't come through

Solved!

Close Account Email doesn't come through

I HAVE PREVIOUSLY ASKED THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:

Hello, I'm trying to Close my account permanently. I have gone through all the steps multiple times on https://support.spotify.com/us/close-account/ and I still have not received the email. I have checked my **bleep** and trash folders multiple times, and I have refreshed the email multiple times as well. I have also checked my email filters to see if they would be automatically deleted, and that is not the case as well. It's been over an hour since my first request to close my account. Is that not long enough? Should I wait even longer?

Here's the thing. I also went through the 'Contact Us' link and questions and received an email immediately after asking for help, telling me that 'some quick options' they think could 'help' me are to: 1. check their support site, which I already have done, 2. message them on Twitter - I don't have an account on Twitter and don't plan on making one - or 3. post here.

So I'm posting here. Is there a solution? I would definitely prefer not to change my email, as this is connected to my Facebook account and I don't want to change my email there. I also think it's not the email that's the issue since I received the Contact Us instant reply in that same email. I think it's Spotify Support's end that's the issue.

Thanks for any options you can give me, and any help you provide.

Try following the steps in that article using an incognito window to see if you run into any trouble. If so, try closing the account after clearing your cache and cookies.

You can also try closing the account from a different device.

----

HERE'S HOW IT WENT:

I tried clearing my cache and cookies. Still did not receive email. I tried using an incognito window and the email didn't come through at all. I tried to close the account from 3 different devices and the email did not come through each time.

PLEASE HELP!
this is my free US account. I've tried to close the account on a Windows 10 surface book, Windows 10 PC, and an android LG K10 with unknown os

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for your patience 🙂

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

I can see that you've never responded to the Moderator in your previous thread: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Close-Account-Email-Doesn-t-Come-Through/m-p/4454536#M1492979.

Before reaching out to Support, all possible troubleshooting should be tried and if the suggested troubleshooting steps didn't help, I'd highly recommend responding back so other steps can be suggested.

MaximSpotify Star

I was unable to reply/respond to the moderator in my previous post because it told me it has been too long since the post was made and it is no longer active. Meaning I guess they archived it? In any case, I was not able to reply to the Moderator.

Ah, I see. 

I'll get back to you about this soon 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Thanks for your patience 🙂

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts