NEXT STEP

Close account then create a new one with the same email and playlists

Close account then create a new one with the same email and playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

iPhone 5s, Google Nexus 5, Desktop PC, Galaxy Note 10.1 (2013)

Operating System

(iOS 11, Android Nougat, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

So I have an account that I created through a 3rd party company (a local carrier called Indosat Ooredoo). It's attached to my email. But I don't like the username they gave me and their subscription service (there's no family plan). The questions are:

1. Can I detach my account from the company? Because I have to contact them for every subscription matter but I don't like their service. It's not complete. They even forgot that I have a premium subscription. I don't want to deal with them anymore.

2. Can I change my username? If I can't, then:

3. Can I close my account, create a new account with the same email by myself (not through the carrier), a new username I create by myself, and still get all my songs, playlists, etc back? (I heard about this import/export service called SpotMyBackup.com, will it work?)

That's all for now.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,

Ivan

5 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Hope you are having a great day!

Closing your account should solve all your issues. 

If you want to do it just read through this FAQ. If you get into any issues, just give me a shout 😉

Hope I was able to help 🙂

Thank you for the reply.

But I still haven't got the answer for question number 3.

Sorry, I thought you would understand.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

You should be able to reopen a new account under that email if you are the owner of it. 

Because since it will get closed it won't exist anymore so no issues should appear during the process of creating a new one.

If you need anything, just ping me 🙂

Hi, thanks for the reply again.

But you missed a little bit of the question #3 about playlists/library.

Thank you.

Again sorry for the inconvenience.

You need to move all your saved songs to a playlist.

I suggest using a Desktop app of Spotify as it is easier to add them all at once to a playlist.

In fact, officially it isn't supported to backup palylists on Spotify but we can find a workaround for it. Take a look at this thread

If you need help, just give me a shout 🙂

Suggested posts