Step 1

NEXT STEP

Co-mingled account

Co-mingled account

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accidentally, when my son purchased a spotify premium account, I was included on that account.  I wish to get off that account and create my own spotify account.  However, I don't want to interrupt his service, or inadvertently delete his account in my effort to get off that account.  Please advise me as to how I may accomplish this successfully.

5 Replies

Hey @MTBHB, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If your son is on a Individual Premium account, and you're also on his account - you can simply log out and that won't affect anything on his account.

If he is the plan manager on a Premium Family account, he can remove you as a member on his account, and from there you can create your own account.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Okay. I will try logging off. I have the spotify app on my phone. The app is for my son’s account. When I start to delete the app, it warns me that’ll I’ll lose all of the content. I’m afraid that if I delete the app he will lose all of his content. I just don’t want to do anything to screw up his account.

Hey @MTBHB

No worries - I completely understand!

Your son's content shouldn't be removed, but the downloads will only be removed from your device, not your son's device.

Just to make sure the message you're receiving, can you reply here with a screenshot of the message you're getting when you attempt to log out/delete the app?

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Awesome. Thank you!

Hey @MTBHB,

You're welcome!

If you need help in the future, don't hesitate to reply or start a new topic. The Community will always be happy to help.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts