Plan

Family

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I made a playlist, made it collaborative, and sent the link to my boyfriend. He is unable to add songs to the playlist, but can see and listen to it. I sent the link to a friend, and she is having the same issue. I can add songs to it without issue. If I go in on the PC, I have the option to select "Make Public" which I do, however it doesn't change the setting of the playlist.

4 Replies

Hey @_Jennaaa_,

Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help you out 🙂 

Can you double check if your boyfriend is following the playlist? This is necessary for him to be able to add songs.

Let us know if that works! Have a great day.

Yes, he is following the playlist. Like I said, when in the browser I have the option to change it to public, but when clicking on that, it doesn't change anything. On the phone, I have it marked as collaborative, but it doesn't give me the option to make it public. As soon as I change it back to non-collaborative, it gives me the option to make public or private. Am I doing something wrong with that?

Hey @_Jennaaa_,

Thanks for your reply. 

No that's normal, collaborative playlists can't be public. They're always private 🙂

Can you confirm your boyfriend is taking the following steps: 

1. Right click a song
  2. Add to playlist
  3. Choose the collaborative playlist

This should work since he is following the playlist. If not, let us know so we can look into it further.

Have a nice day!

There still seems to be something preventing him from adding to it. He is following the playlist and its still not allowing him to add songs to it. He is the only one that I've sent it to, and the playlist has one follower. He can see it and can listen to it, just can't add to it. 

Thank you so much for your help this far.

Suggested posts