Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

College Student Discount

College Student Discount

Hi, I have had Spotify for quite some time now. I discovered that you offer a college student discount now, how would I go about getting my rate changed? 

7 Replies

Hi. If you are in the USA, details are here or here for the UK - student discounts are only available in these two countries.

I'm attending Dodge College of Film at Chapman University in the fall of next year and have put down my enrollment deposit for college this spring. Am I eligible now? Because it isn't saying I'm a valid student.

As far as I am aware, you need to be registered at the university so you won't be eligible until your first day.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I somehow find it hard to believe that Spotify's verification service tracks the date you begin classes and suddenly cuts you off at the end of each year of classes, leaving college students to wait until the first day of their next year to reapply the discount, and also do so inbetween semesters....? If someone could get some hard facts and not assumptions it would be much appreciated!

@Peter wrote:
As far as I am aware, you need to be registered at the university so you won't be eligible until your first day.

Sorry for the assumption, but I would assume the system simply tracks when you start university (enrollment) and then calculates when you should finish (graduation). That is how most student discount schemes work here in the UK.

If you believe you should be eligible but the system is saying no, you can apply for manual verification here:
https://spotify.sheerid.com/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

My college isnt listed. Does it only allow student discounts for university students or community colleges as well.

The FAQ says "...currently enrolled at a U.S. accredited higher education institution such as a college or university". You probably know more about what this means than I do but the college should be able to confirm.

Suggested posts