Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Common Device & Family Plan

Common Device & Family Plan

I have the family plan.  We have several devices that are used by multiple family member, e.g. family room, living room, garage, kitchen, etc. How do I set this up? Do I need to use one of the 6 'family accounts' for each device? That would quickly use up all my accounts and wouldn't even be enough!!!

I can't really use one of the real family accounts because consider the following:

The device for the garage is configured with my account. If I am listening to music through that 'garage device' all is fine. However, some other day or time my son might play music in the garage through that 'garage device' which is using my account. That means when I am in the office I can't play music through the 'office device' without kicking my son out.

2 Replies

It might be easiest, in this case, to connect to these "devices" using bluetooth (if availible) and controlling them from your phone/laptop rather than utilizing the dedicated spotify app on them. 

Hey @mulu.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Each of the 6 Family accounts should be able to connect separately to each of the devices in your household using the Connect feature, as long as all devices are connected on the same network.

So if, say, your son would like to play music through the device (a speaker, I presume) in the garage, he can do so by connecting his device to it via Connect. If you were previously connected to the same device/speaker, this won't be a problem.

However, you will be able to interrupt his listening if you try to play something from your device. Therefore it is important to disconnect from the garage device/speaker when not listening to music, or when wanting to listen to music on another device.

Hope that makes sense! Let us know if you have any other questions. We'll be right here 🙂

Suggested posts