Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Community Signature Cropped by Max Height Attribute

Solved!

Community Signature Cropped by Max Height Attribute

Hey everybody,

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct section (maybe it should be an idea?). It's about the community's frontend.

I'm aware of the signature height limit which is in place for newer users. However, there's a little imperfection somewhere in the code.

To be exact, there's a div with the following selector: div.UserSignature.lia-message-signature. It has a max-height value of 48 px, forcing a 48-pixel-tall signature box.

This crops the bottom 8 pixels of my avatar and my follow button, in this case. The correct max-height for this section should be at least 56 pixels, and not 48.

You can compare them below. (Left: 48 px,  Right: 56 px)

6.jpg

Would love to see this fixed. Shouldn't take more than 2 minutes to implement.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @amirism

It looks like this is now fixed. Give it a test across different pages and see if it works.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @amirism

Thanks for posting your feedback about the Spotify Community.

I will pass your post on to the community managers to take into consideration.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hey @amirism

It looks like this is now fixed. Give it a test across different pages and see if it works.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks for escalating this, Matt. It is indeed fixed, and I like how they implemented it.

Now, I've been wanting to ask one specific question. I kinda like the irony of asking it here, right after my technical suggestion:

@how can I insert @ mentions without losing my mind? Tried diffferent approaches, but there's gotta be an easier way. 🙂

@MattSuda wrote:

Hey @amirism

You're welcome!

@ mentions are available to higher community ranks if I remember correctly. Either that, or possibly only available to Rising Stars, Rock Stars, and employees. In the past some features were being abused so that's why some features require a higher community rank. That would explain if you're having trouble doing it. You should be able to just type an @ symbol and users in the thread will popup in a menu to choose from or you can enter any other user from the community.

The more you post, the more you rank up. The rank is the word next to your username in a post.

A list of all the ranks can be found here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Community-Ranks-How-do-they-work/td-p/19...

MattSudaSpotify Star

I see. Makes total sense why @Mentions are only available to elite members.

I remember only seeing that glorious inline drop-down once, while replying to a Rock Star and typing @.

I appreciate your guidance, Matt. You have addressed all my concerns.

You're welcome!

I'm here if you have any more questions or find any more bugs in the community. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts